• Last Logged In: 04 Jul 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • j.violet
    RE: Help with running a cd to install a usb wireless
    Hi!! So it's a USB wireless adapter, and when I typed in lspci i got: 00: 07 .2 USB controller: Intel Corporation 82371AB/#B/MB PIIX4 USB (rev 01) And when i typed in lsusb i got: Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b: 0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub There is a cd which came with the USB to install the drive but I can't find out how to run the installation setup...and I can't seem to find the software management thing that you're referring to. I installed Vector light into the hard disk instead of running it from the Live CD. Thank you so much for all the help, I really appreciate it.
    Link to this post 04 Jul 11

Hi!! So it's a USB wireless adapter, and when I typed in lspci i got: 00: 07 .2 USB controller: Intel Corporation 82371AB/#B/MB PIIX4 USB (rev 01)

And when i typed in lsusb i got:
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b: 0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

There is a cd which came with the USB to install the drive but I can't find out how to run the installation setup...and I can't seem to find the software management thing that you're referring to.

I installed Vector light into the hard disk instead of running it from the Live CD.

Thank you so much for all the help, I really appreciate it.

• j.violet
    Help with running a cd to install a usb wireless
    So I have vector linux light and I am trying to install a wireless adapter but I don't know how to actually run the install set up from the cd..(I know, really noob question) any help is appreciated!
    Link to this post 04 Jul 11

So I have vector linux light and I am trying to install a wireless adapter but I don't know how to actually run the install set up from the cd..(I know, really noob question)

any help is appreciated!

• j.violet
    RE: Is my laptop capable of running a linux OS?
    Will I be able to use Damn Small Linux as my main OS, or would I need another OS to run it??
    Link to this post 07 Jun 11

Will I be able to use Damn Small Linux as my main OS, or would I need another OS to run it??

• j.violet
    Is my laptop capable of running a linux OS?
    So, I bought a Dell Inspiron 3800, which runs windows 98. it has 64 MB RAM, Intel Pentium III, and it is a single core processor configuration I was wondering if there was a Linux based OS that would run with this computer?? And if so, which ones?? Thanks, I've never use linux before, so I would appreciate all the help that I can get.
    Link to this post 06 Jun 11

So, I bought a Dell Inspiron 3800, which runs windows 98.

it has 64 MB RAM, Intel Pentium III, and it is a single core processor configuration

I was wondering if there was a Linux based OS that would run with this computer??

And if so, which ones??

Thanks, I've never use linux before, so I would appreciate all the help that I can get.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board