• Last Logged In: 21 Mar 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • kd5ywa
    Need a Multi Disc Burner!
    Ok, I need a mulit disc burner for Fedora 15... I have 3 dvd burners and a hell of a power supply, and once, along time ago when I ran windows, I burned multi disc at once... SWEET!, but... I need something like that for my Fedora 15 system...know of anything?
    Link to this post 21 Mar 12

Ok, I need a mulit disc burner for Fedora 15... I have 3 dvd burners and a hell of a power supply, and once, along time ago when I ran windows, I burned multi disc at once... SWEET!, but... I need something like that for my Fedora 15 system...know of anything?

• kd5ywa
    RE: eFax and a locked document error
    I have contacted the eFax people but I have already recieved a generic responce.... were are the developers!!!! Anyways, the full error message says: "efax-0.9a: 22:37:08 Error: can't open pre-lock file / var/lock/TMP..16356: Permission denied efax-0.9a: 22:37:08 failed page /home/username/Documents/Hello self.pdf.001 efax-09.a: 22:37:08 finished - unrecoverable error" Thought more would help... I check... I can't see anything else open that would need to be shut down. All I have open right now is my remote computer access program...(which is nothing) and then the efax program..... ????
    Link to this post 06 Aug 11

I have contacted the eFax people but I have already recieved a generic responce.... were are the developers!!!!

Anyways,

the full error message says:

"efax-0.9a: 22:37:08 Error: can't open pre-lock file / var/lock/TMP..16356: Permission denied
    efax-0.9a: 22:37:08 failed page /home/username/Documents/Hello self.pdf.001
    efax-09.a: 22:37:08 finished - unrecoverable error"

Thought more would help... I check... I can't see anything else open that would need to be shut down. All I have open right now is my remote computer access program...(which is nothing) and then the efax program..... ????

• kd5ywa
    eFax and a locked document error
    Ok I succeded at installing the efax, but now I am having a problem with it... the efax.... And I seem to have this problem with other programs, such as my user doen't have access, such as admin powers... my new error message in efax says... "can't open pre-lock file /var/lock/TMP..02286: Permission denied" it is like I don't have access to my own documents!
    Link to this post 04 Aug 11

Ok I succeded at installing the efax, but now I am having a problem with it... the efax....

And I seem to have this problem with other programs, such as my user doen't have access, such as admin powers...

my new error message in efax says...

"can't open pre-lock file /var/lock/TMP..02286: Permission denied"

it is like I don't have access to my own documents!

• kd5ywa
    RE: Live365 Internet Radio and Fedora 15
    I still did not have any luck with it, so... I just ebay a new sound card, and will try that. My motherboard is jacked, I believe. Let you know how it turns out.
    Link to this post 04 Aug 11

I still did not have any luck with it, so... I just ebay a new sound card, and will try that.

My motherboard is jacked, I believe.

Let you know how it turns out.

• kd5ywa
    RE: Trying to get load HylaFax 6.0.5 on Fedora 15
    Ok I succeded at installing the efax, but now I am having a problem with it... the efax.... And I seem to have this problem with other programs, such as my user doen't have access, such as admin powers... my new error message in efax says... "can't open pre-lock file /var/lock/TMP..02286: Permission denied" it is like I don't have access to my own documents!
    Link to this post 03 Aug 11

Ok I succeded at installing the efax, but now I am having a problem with it... the efax....

And I seem to have this problem with other programs, such as my user doen't have access, such as admin powers...

my new error message in efax says...

"can't open pre-lock file /var/lock/TMP..02286: Permission denied"

it is like I don't have access to my own documents!

• kd5ywa
    It said this....after I did the "yum info installed gtk+" Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit adobe-linux-i386 | 951 B 00:00 rpmfusion-free-updates | 2.7 kB 00:00 updates/metalink | 17 kB 00:00 updates | 4.7 kB 00:00 updates/primary_db | 2.9 MB 00:47 updates/group | 1.8 MB 00:28 Error: No matching Packages to list

It said this....after I did the "yum info installed gtk+"

Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
    adobe-linux-i386 | 951 B 00:00
    rpmfusion-free-updates | 2.7 kB 00:00
    updates/metalink | 17 kB 00:00
    updates | 4.7 kB 00:00
    updates/primary_db | 2.9 MB 00:47
    updates/group | 1.8 MB 00:28
    Error: No matching Packages to list

• kd5ywa
    It did not come up empty, but looked as though it loaded, but I tryed the configure of the efax again and the same error message came up.

It did not come up empty, but looked as though it loaded, but I tryed the configure of the efax again and the same error message came up.

• kd5ywa
    RE: Website shortcut with Fedora 15
    Nevermind, I was going to add a screen shot but forget it.

Nevermind, I was going to add a screen shot but forget it.

• kd5ywa
    Argg..

Argg..

• kd5ywa
    Here is a screen shot of what I see... I don't have icons at the top or at the bottom.

Here is a screen shot of what I see... I don't have icons at the top or at the bottom.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board