• Last Logged In: 27 Jul 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • gearz
    RE: help with cd and pcmcia card
    Thanks for all the help, but how do i mount the cdrom manually? Also, how do I install the drivers necessary without an internet connection?
    Link to this post 28 Jul 11

Thanks for all the help, but how do i mount the cdrom manually? Also, how do I install the drivers necessary without an internet connection?

• gearz
    help with cd and pcmcia card
    So I have an extremely old laptop (made in the late 90s) and I just installed Vector LInux Light on it. Sadly, there is no wireless internet already in the laptop, so I'm thinking about getting a PCMCIA wireless adapter card (btw, any suggestions on what type to get would also be helpful) and I'm not sure if I would need to install the PCMCIA with a cd or if Vector will automatically recognize it or if I have to do something else? This is my first time with linux so I'm completely lost. Also, my cd-rom drive doesn't seem to recognize when I put cds in, is there a solution to this? Thanks!
    Link to this post 26 Jul 11

So I have an extremely old laptop (made in the late 90s) and I just installed Vector LInux Light on it. Sadly, there is no wireless internet already in the laptop, so I'm thinking about getting a PCMCIA wireless adapter card (btw, any suggestions on what type to get would also be helpful) and I'm not sure if I would need to install the PCMCIA with a cd or if Vector will automatically recognize it or if I have to do something else? This is my first time with linux so I'm completely lost.

Also, my cd-rom drive doesn't seem to recognize when I put cds in, is there a solution to this?

Thanks!

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board