• Last Logged In: 29 Oct 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • GpD79
    RE: Looking for a Laptop
    Hey guys, this is exactly what I was looking for. Have any of you gotten laptops from here? If you have, what kinds did you get?
    Link to this post 08 Aug 11

Hey guys, this is exactly what I was looking for. Have any of you gotten laptops from here? If you have, what kinds did you get?

• GpD79
    Looking for a Laptop
    Hello Everyone, I'm currently using a Mac computer, but it's getting old and it's not working with a lot of things out on the web anymore because of its age and computing capability. I'm looking to buy a new laptop and I'm not considering mac because it is so expensive and too much of it is becoming proprietary. Unfortunately, they don't seem to sell laptops without operating systems so that I can load a Linux into it. Does anyone know of good websites where I can buy a reletively inexpensive high quality laptop without all the extra sotware stuff so that I can put linux into it? I know this probably may not be the best forum for these questions, but I couldn't figure out where I should ask this question. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide!
    Link to this post 08 Aug 11

Hello Everyone,

I'm currently using a Mac computer, but it's getting old and it's not working with a lot of things out on the web anymore because of its age and computing capability. I'm looking to buy a new laptop and I'm not considering mac because it is so expensive and too much of it is becoming proprietary. Unfortunately, they don't seem to sell laptops without operating systems so that I can load a Linux into it. Does anyone know of good websites where I can buy a reletively inexpensive high quality laptop without all the extra sotware stuff so that I can put linux into it?

I know this probably may not be the best forum for these questions, but I couldn't figure out where I should ask this question. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide!

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board