• Last Logged In: 09 Aug 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • buddhanature28
    RE: connecting to internet on new hard drive
    Hi As far as I can tell I don't have a network manager. When I click on the icon for the internet at the top right of the screen many of the options are grayed out including, wired network, disconnected, wireless network, device not ready (firmware missing) and connection information.) Thanks, H.
    Link to this post 09 Aug 11

Hi As far as I can tell I don't have a network manager. When I click on the icon for the internet at the top right of the screen many of the options are grayed out including, wired network, disconnected, wireless network, device not ready (firmware missing) and connection information.) Thanks, H.

• buddhanature28
    connecting to internet on new hard drive
    Hi I recently installed Ubuntu on a laptop that had "died". Before that I replaced the hard drive thinking that was the problem. It wasn't. So then I decided it must be that the windows operating system had died. I downloaded linux (I think it was Ubuntu 32 bit) and booted my laptop from the linux cd I burned from my desktop. That worked like a charm and is running fine. The only trouble is I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it to connect to the internet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you, H.
    Link to this post 09 Aug 11

Hi

I recently installed Ubuntu on a laptop that had "died". Before that I replaced the hard drive thinking that was the problem. It wasn't. So then I decided it must be that the windows operating system had died. I downloaded linux (I think it was Ubuntu 32 bit) and booted my laptop from the linux cd I burned from my desktop. That worked like a charm and is running fine. The only trouble is I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it to connect to the internet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you, H.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board