• Last Logged In: 05 Sep 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Yoavkarmon
    RE: Embedded arm runing linux
    hi, i am trying to find ssh source code for ARm, and cant find it. can anyone advise?
    Link to this post 19 Aug 11

hi,

i am trying to find ssh source code for ARm, and cant find it.

can anyone advise?

• Yoavkarmon
    Code: # cd /usr/bin # chmod 0755 ssh 1.no ssh on /usr/bin 2. how do i enable telnet?
    Link to this post 19 Aug 11

Code:

# cd /usr/bin
    # chmod 0755 ssh

1.no ssh on /usr/bin
    2. how do i enable telnet?

• Yoavkarmon
    Hi man, thanks! i will do those things today and i will report to you ASAP. 10x again!
    Link to this post 18 Aug 11

Hi man, thanks!

i will do those things today and i will report to you ASAP.

10x again!

• Yoavkarmon
    Hi, thanks for the quick answers. *FYI: i am pretty new at LINUX programing. 1. networking: i have a working Ethernet connection, using my DHCP server on my home router. 2. how do i ensure the telnet and SSH are "enabled"? i can see that telnetd on user space, but when i try to connect from my pc, to the board i get "connection refused". one more question: i want to download the SSH source code-> compile it using cross compiler -> download it the the board. for what i can see in the instructions to compiling the SSH code: a.download the source code b. compile it on the cross compiler using "make" -> how do i make sure it will be compiled to arm? c. then do make install -> but it will install it on the host PC not on target, should i copy it to the target and then run "make install"? 10x for the help, yoav link: ftp://ftp.ca.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/OpenSSH/portable/INSTALL

Hi,

thanks for the quick answers.

*FYI: i am pretty new at LINUX programing.

1. networking:

i have a working Ethernet connection, using my DHCP server on my home router.

2. how do i ensure the telnet and SSH are "enabled"?

i can see that telnetd on user space, but when i try to connect from my pc, to the board i get "connection refused".

one more question:

i want to download the SSH source code-> compile it using cross compiler -> download it the the board.

for what i can see in the instructions to compiling the SSH code:

a.download the source code

b. compile it on the cross compiler using "make" -> how do i make sure it will be compiled to arm?

c. then do make install -> but it will install it on the host PC not on target, should i copy it to the target and then run "make install"?

10x for the help,

yoav

link: ftp://ftp.ca.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/OpenSSH/portable/INSTALL

• Yoavkarmon
    Embedded arm runing linux
    Hi, i bought a linux base arm dev kit - devkit8500d , similar to devkit8000 from embest. I got the board that it allready running linux kernel 2.6. But.... 1. I am unable to connect to it using telnet or ssh. 2.dont know how to imstall gcc on the board. I can acsses terminal using serial cable. Can anyone help?

Hi,
    i bought a linux base arm dev kit - devkit8500d , similar to devkit8000 from embest.

I got the board that it allready running linux kernel 2.6.

But....

1. I am unable to connect to it using telnet or ssh.
    2.dont know how to imstall gcc on the board.

I can acsses terminal using serial cable.

Can anyone help?

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board