• Last Logged In: 05 Sep 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Yoavkarmon
    RE: Embedded arm runing linux
    Even if i an make things work on that board, how can i build aproduct when they cant support me? I talke with this company in last few days, and i think of going on with them. They are not offering a 3g module but they know some proucuts work with thier board. Any why, they answer emails fast, and i will make sure (wem meeting) that basic things works from the box. Yoav, In regards to the TS-7300: http://www.embeddedarm.com/products/board-detail.php?product=TS-7300# We have the cross compiler available here from an x86 linux workstation: ftp://ftp.embeddedarm.com/ts-arm-sbc/ts-7300-linux/cross-toolchains/crosstool-linux-gcc-3.4.4-glibc-2.3.2.tar.gz A cross compiler for x86 windows here: ftp://ftp.embeddedarm.com/ts-arm-sbc/ts-7300-linux/cross-toolchains/crosstool-cygwin-gcc-3.3.2-glibc-2.3.2.tar.bz2 As well as Eclipse prepared to work with this toolchain: ftp://ftp.embeddedarm.com/misc/eclipse/eclipse-ide-ts7000.zip As I had mentioned we also have a virtual machine prepared with the linux cross compiler: ftp://ftp.embeddedarm.com/misc/virtualbox/ts-virtual-dev/ For writing hello world, see section 7.2 of the manual here: http://www.embeddedarm.com/documentation/software/arm-linux-ts72xx.pdf I had also mentioned a customer who had used a 3G USB adapter.  That would be this model: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huawei_E220 I cannot guarantee this will work out of the box on the TS-7300 as we have not tested it, but we do offer engineering services if you have trouble getting it to work.  It looks like the support was added in 2.6.20, but there are workarounds to get it to work in previous kernels.  The TS-7300 will use a 2.4.26 kernel by default. If you wanted to look into our FPGA code we do have that available for the TS-7300 here: http://opencores.org/project,ts7300_opencore,overview
    Link to this post 23 Aug 11

Even if i an make things work on that board, how can i build aproduct when they cant support me?

I talke with this company in last few days, and i think of going on with them.
    They are not offering a 3g module but they know some proucuts work with thier board.

Any why, they answer emails fast, and i will make sure (wem meeting) that basic things works from the box.

Yoav,

In regards to the TS-7300:
    http://www.embeddedarm.com/products/board-detail.php?product=TS-7300#

We have the cross compiler available here from an x86 linux workstation:
    ftp://ftp.embeddedarm.com/ts-arm-sbc/ts-7300-linux/cross-toolchains/crosstool-linux-gcc-3.4.4-glibc-2.3.2.tar.gz

A cross compiler for x86 windows here:
    ftp://ftp.embeddedarm.com/ts-arm-sbc/ts-7300-linux/cross-toolchains/crosstool-cygwin-gcc-3.3.2-glibc-2.3.2.tar.bz2

As well as Eclipse prepared to work with this toolchain:
    ftp://ftp.embeddedarm.com/misc/eclipse/eclipse-ide-ts7000.zip

As I had mentioned we also have a virtual machine prepared with the linux cross compiler:
    ftp://ftp.embeddedarm.com/misc/virtualbox/ts-virtual-dev/

For writing hello world, see section 7.2 of the manual here:
    http://www.embeddedarm.com/documentation/software/arm-linux-ts72xx.pdf

I had also mentioned a customer who had used a 3G USB adapter.  That would be this model:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huawei_E220
    I cannot guarantee this will work out of the box on the TS-7300 as we have not tested it, but we do offer engineering services if you have trouble getting it to work.  It looks like the support was added in 2.6.20, but there are workarounds to get it to work in previous kernels.  The TS-7300 will use a 2.4.26 kernel by default.

If you wanted to look into our FPGA code we do have that available for the TS-7300 here:
    http://opencores.org/project,ts7300_opencore,overview

• Yoavkarmon
    They gave my a compiler, but it will no compile. Did their omstall guide step by step twice.
    Link to this post 23 Aug 11

They gave my a compiler, but it will no compile.
    Did their omstall guide step by step twice.

• Yoavkarmon
    Actually, they are not answering any emails. I am so disaponited with from this vendor, and i might abondn the board if things will keep be so crap. As i see, embest devkit8500d cant be useable right now. BTW The cross compiler is not working also. Any one can recommand a good board? 1. I need that it will have basic functioalty from the box. 2. 3g 3. wifi 4. Lan 5. Gps (optinal) 6. Lcd ?
    Link to this post 21 Aug 11

Actually, they are not answering any emails.

I am so disaponited with from this vendor, and i might abondn the board if things will keep be so crap.

As i see, embest devkit8500d cant be useable right now.

BTW

The cross compiler is not working also.

Any one can recommand a good board?

1. I need that it will have basic functioalty from the box.
    2. 3g
    3. wifi
    4. Lan
    5. Gps (optinal)
    6. Lcd

?

• Yoavkarmon
    HI, as you can see i donot have "xinetd.d" on my sestem.
    Link to this post 20 Aug 11

HI,

as you can see i donot have "xinetd.d" on my sestem.

• Yoavkarmon
    here isd the output: root@DevKit8500:/# pwd / root@DevKit8500:/# find -name inetd.conf root@DevKit8500:/# find -name telnet ./usr/bin/telnet ./usr/lib/opkg/alternatives/telnet root@DevKit8500:/# cd /usr/bin root@DevKit8500:/usr/bin# ls -l |grep telnet lrwxrwxrwx 1 1001 1007 17 Feb 21 2011 telnet -> ../../bin/busybox root@DevKit8500:/usr/bin# cd /usr/lib/opkg/alternatives root@DevKit8500:/usr/lib/opkg/alternatives# ls -l |grep telnet -rw-r--r-- 1 1001 1007 37 Jan 27 2009 telnet -rw-r--r-- 1 1001 1007 39 Jan 27 2009 telnetd root@DevKit8500:/usr/lib/opkg/alternatives# chmod 777 telnet root@DevKit8500:/usr/lib/opkg/alternatives# chmod 777 telnetd root@DevKit8500:/usr/lib/opkg/alternatives# ls -l |grep telnet -rwxrwxrwx 1 1001 1007 37 Jan 27 2009 telnet -rwxrwxrwx 1 1001 1007 39 Jan 27 2009 telnetd root@DevKit8500:/usr/lib/opkg/alternatives# root@DevKit8500:/usr/lib/opkg/alternatives# telnet 127.0.0.1 telnet: cannot connect to remote host (127.0.0.1): Connection refused

here isd the output:

root@DevKit8500:/# pwd
    /
    root@DevKit8500:/# find -name inetd.conf
    root@DevKit8500:/# find -name telnet
    ./usr/bin/telnet
    ./usr/lib/opkg/alternatives/telnet
    root@DevKit8500:/# cd /usr/bin
    root@DevKit8500:/usr/bin# ls -l |grep telnet
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 1001 1007 17 Feb 21 2011 telnet -> ../../bin/busybox
    root@DevKit8500:/usr/bin# cd /usr/lib/opkg/alternatives
    root@DevKit8500:/usr/lib/opkg/alternatives# ls -l |grep telnet
    -rw-r--r-- 1 1001 1007 37 Jan 27 2009 telnet
    -rw-r--r-- 1 1001 1007 39 Jan 27 2009 telnetd
    root@DevKit8500:/usr/lib/opkg/alternatives# chmod 777 telnet
    root@DevKit8500:/usr/lib/opkg/alternatives# chmod 777 telnetd
    root@DevKit8500:/usr/lib/opkg/alternatives# ls -l |grep telnet
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 1001 1007 37 Jan 27 2009 telnet
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 1001 1007 39 Jan 27 2009 telnetd
    root@DevKit8500:/usr/lib/opkg/alternatives#
    root@DevKit8500:/usr/lib/opkg/alternatives# telnet 127.0.0.1
    telnet: cannot connect to remote host (127.0.0.1): Connection refused

• Yoavkarmon
    results: 1. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- root@DevKit8500:~# telnet 127.0.0.1 telnet: cannot connect to remote host (127.0.0.1): Connection refused ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2.cant find etc/inetd.conf what next?

results:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    root@DevKit8500:~# telnet 127.0.0.1
    telnet: cannot connect to remote host (127.0.0.1): Connection refused
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.cant find etc/inetd.conf

what next?

• Yoavkarmon
    hi, i am trying to find ssh source code for ARm, and cant find it. can anyone advise?
    Link to this post 19 Aug 11

hi,

i am trying to find ssh source code for ARm, and cant find it.

can anyone advise?

• Yoavkarmon
    Code: # cd /usr/bin # chmod 0755 ssh 1.no ssh on /usr/bin 2. how do i enable telnet?
    Link to this post 19 Aug 11

Code:

# cd /usr/bin
    # chmod 0755 ssh

1.no ssh on /usr/bin
    2. how do i enable telnet?

• Yoavkarmon
    Hi man, thanks! i will do those things today and i will report to you ASAP. 10x again!
    Link to this post 18 Aug 11

Hi man, thanks!

i will do those things today and i will report to you ASAP.

10x again!

• Yoavkarmon
    Hi, thanks for the quick answers. *FYI: i am pretty new at LINUX programing. 1. networking: i have a working Ethernet connection, using my DHCP server on my home router. 2. how do i ensure the telnet and SSH are "enabled"? i can see that telnetd on user space, but when i try to connect from my pc, to the board i get "connection refused". one more question: i want to download the SSH source code-> compile it using cross compiler -> download it the the board. for what i can see in the instructions to compiling the SSH code: a.download the source code b. compile it on the cross compiler using "make" -> how do i make sure it will be compiled to arm? c. then do make install -> but it will install it on the host PC not on target, should i copy it to the target and then run "make install"? 10x for the help, yoav link: ftp://ftp.ca.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/OpenSSH/portable/INSTALL
    Link to this post 18 Aug 11

Hi,

thanks for the quick answers.

*FYI: i am pretty new at LINUX programing.

1. networking:

i have a working Ethernet connection, using my DHCP server on my home router.

2. how do i ensure the telnet and SSH are "enabled"?

i can see that telnetd on user space, but when i try to connect from my pc, to the board i get "connection refused".

one more question:

i want to download the SSH source code-> compile it using cross compiler -> download it the the board.

for what i can see in the instructions to compiling the SSH code:

a.download the source code

b. compile it on the cross compiler using "make" -> how do i make sure it will be compiled to arm?

c. then do make install -> but it will install it on the host PC not on target, should i copy it to the target and then run "make install"?

10x for the help,

yoav

link: ftp://ftp.ca.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/OpenSSH/portable/INSTALL

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board