• Last Logged In: 19 Apr 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • AmazingGray
    RE: Text Startup
    Thanks for the help. I really need to go back and learn more about the Kernel and the file system.
    Link to this post 05 Apr 12

Thanks for the help. I really need to go back and learn more about the Kernel and the file system.

• AmazingGray
    Text Startup
    Hello To all, This is a real novice question. I am running Linux Mint 12 kernel version 3.0.0.16-generic. I want to change the startup screen from graphical to text. I was hoping someone could help me and refresh my memory. I looked at a site and it told me to edit a file in the /etc/inittab folder but i remember there was another way. Does anyone know how to change this?
    Link to this post 30 Mar 12

Hello To all,

This is a real novice question. I am running Linux Mint 12 kernel version 3.0.0.16-generic. I want to change the startup screen from graphical to text. I was hoping someone could help me and refresh my memory. I looked at a site and it told me to edit a file in the /etc/inittab folder but i remember there was another way. Does anyone know how to change this?

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board