RE: Issue with editing profile
    Yep, it's working now. :-) Wayne Sallee Wayne@WayneSallee.com
    Link to this post 13 Oct 11

Yep, it's working now. :-)

Wayne Sallee
    Wayne@WayneSallee.com

• Wayne_Sallee
    RE: Favorite Distro+Desktop Environment
    I like Mandriva the best, but am concerned about it's future. I'm currently trying to become more distro independent, if that's possible. I've started building my own kernels from kernel.org. Wayne Sallee Wayne@WayneSallee.com
    Link to this post 13 Oct 11

I like Mandriva the best, but am concerned about it's future.

I'm currently trying to become more distro independent, if that's possible.
    I've started building my own kernels from kernel.org.

Wayne Sallee
    Wayne@WayneSallee.com

• Wayne_Sallee
    RE: The Forum Website is back up.
    Yea, I agree that it would be a good idea to e-mail the members when the form is fully operational again. Wayne Sallee Wayne@WayneSallee.com
    Link to this post 11 Oct 11

Yea, I agree that it would be a good idea to e-mail the members when the form is fully operational again.

Wayne Sallee
    Wayne@WayneSallee.com

• Wayne_Sallee
    The Forum Website is back up.
    Looks like I'm the first one back. :-) I'm glad to see Linux back on-line. It was down for quite a while. It will be interesting to read the report that comes out as to what transpired. Wayne Sallee Wayne@WayneSallee.com
    Link to this post 08 Oct 11

Looks like I'm the first one back. :-)

I'm glad to see Linux back on-line. It was down for quite a while.

It will be interesting to read the report that comes out as to what transpired.

Wayne Sallee
    Wayne@WayneSallee.com

• Wayne_Sallee
    RE: Invalid module format
    [b]Goineasy9 wrote:[/b] [quote]You probably neglected to build and install the kernel modules from the previous kernel. That's why you should use the previous kernels config file when building the new kernel. Then if you follow the steps correctly, the modules in the old kernel are also updated for the new kernel. I'm a kernel noob, so, what I'm telling you is just an assumption of what you did wrong. Maybe check out the steps you took to build the kernel, and see if you left something out.[/quote] It makes no differeence whether I use the old config, or a fresh config. The problem is that when an attempt to install the module is made, that I get the error. Wayne Sallee Wayne@WayneSallee.com
    Link to this post 04 Sep 11

Goineasy9 wrote:

You probably neglected to build and install the kernel modules from the previous kernel. That's why you should use the previous kernels config file when building the new kernel. Then if you follow the steps correctly, the modules in the old kernel are also updated for the new kernel.
    I'm a kernel noob, so, what I'm telling you is just an assumption of what you did wrong. Maybe check out the steps you took to build the kernel, and see if you left something out.

It makes no differeence whether I use the old config, or a fresh config.

The problem is that when an attempt to install the module is made, that I get the error.

Wayne Sallee
    Wayne@WayneSallee.com

• Wayne_Sallee
    Invalid module format
    I have googled this and found a thousand answers, but none of them seem to answer my problem. I have been using the distro kernels (Mandriva), but needed to install a current kernel directly from kernel.org. When doing a modprobe on some modules I get this error. This error usually means that one thing is using a different version, but I can't find where that is happening. I have a lot of kernels installed, but while the distro kernels don't give me that error, any kernel I install from source from Kernel.org, I get the error on a few modules. Wayne Sallee Wayne@WayneSallee.com
    Link to this post 31 Aug 11

I have googled this and found a thousand answers, but none of them seem to answer my problem.

I have been using the distro kernels (Mandriva), but needed to install a current kernel directly from kernel.org.

When doing a modprobe on some modules I get this error.
    This error usually means that one thing is using a different version, but I can't find where that is happening.

I have a lot of kernels installed, but while the distro kernels don't give me that error, any kernel I install from source from Kernel.org, I get the error on a few modules.

Wayne Sallee
    Wayne@WayneSallee.com

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board