• Last Logged In: 04 Sep 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • bkelly
    real time w/ hardware
    Hello All, I want to write some real time code, and if possible, on a hard real time system. This is a home project and a commercial RTOS is out of the question. I am thinking of assembling a PC-104 stack and some version of Linux, but am open to options. The target will run the real time code only. I would like to develop on my Windows 7 system and download to the real time computer. If necessary I will allocate a computer to the real time development system and run some version of Linux on it. (I would rather have two computers than mess with dual boot.) I have no CPU preference. I want to concentrate on writing the software rather than developing the support system. I have a simple game in mind (a hardware device, not user interaction on a CRT), and want to do some work with accelerometers and gyroscopes. What hardware and software combination do you recommend? Thank you
    Link to this post 02 Sep 11

Hello All,

I want to write some real time code, and if possible, on a hard real time system. This is a home project and a commercial RTOS is out of the question. I am thinking of assembling a PC-104 stack and some version of Linux, but am open to options. The target will run the real time code only. I would like to develop on my Windows 7 system and download to the real time computer. If necessary I will allocate a computer to the real time development system and run some version of Linux on it. (I would rather have two computers than mess with dual boot.)

I have no CPU preference. I want to concentrate on writing the software rather than developing the support system. I have a simple game in mind (a hardware device, not user interaction on a CRT), and want to do some work with accelerometers and gyroscopes.

What hardware and software combination do you recommend?

Thank you

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board