• Last Logged In: 10 Jul 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Crisshomes
    RE: Please recommend a fast linux distribution
    Does Cool and quiet work well in Lubuntu or should I disable it from bios?
    Link to this post 21 Oct 11

Does Cool and quiet work well in Lubuntu or should I disable it from bios?

• Crisshomes
    Its 17 seconds and 37 miliseconds.

Its 17 seconds and 37 miliseconds.

• Crisshomes
    My specs are AMD Athlon x64 3000+ 1.8Ghz ,1GB ram,300 GB HDD and 512MB Ati radeon.

My specs are
    AMD Athlon x64 3000+ 1.8Ghz ,1GB ram,300 GB HDD and 512MB Ati radeon.

• Crisshomes
    Please recommend a fast linux distribution
    Hello,I tried several distributions from most types of enviroments and I can't seem to find one that can make me move out from XP. The last I tried was Lubuntu 11.10 it seemed to be the most lightest version of Lubuntu but still not faster than Xp. I did a little comparison. I took an audio file of 458 MB and transfered from Destktop to Home/Videos and it took 17:37 seconds while in XP from desktop to my documents it took 17:34 seconds and I also had Avast antivirus installed. Eventaully I come back at Xp for performance. Perhaps some advice?

Hello,I tried several distributions from most types of enviroments and I can't seem to find one that can make me move out from XP.
    The last I tried was Lubuntu 11.10 it seemed to be the most lightest version of Lubuntu but still not faster than Xp.
    I did a little comparison.
    I took an audio file of 458 MB and transfered from Destktop to Home/Videos and it took 17:37 seconds while in XP from desktop to my documents it took 17:34 seconds and I also had Avast antivirus installed.
    Eventaully I come back at Xp for performance.
    Perhaps some advice?

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board