Posted
  • srvrtk
    RE: Whats New with Linux
    Thanks johnvanvliet
    Link to this post 20 Oct 11

Thanks johnvanvliet

• srvrtk
    Whats New with Linux
    Hi I have not used linux for a long time. I wanted to get back into using linux, I wanted to strat with some testing. What is the best options out there right now for linux server distros. Linux OS is still freely downloaded correct? I asked because I used redhat but I went to their site and everything so far seem to want to sell me the OS with some sort of service or an evaluation of the OS. In the past i would just download the ISOs from the ftp site directly. Or like in the past almost any distro is ok as long as I can get the drivers and programs for the services needed on the svr? Thanks
    Link to this post 18 Oct 11

Hi I have not used linux for a long time.
    I wanted to get back into using linux, I wanted to strat with some testing. What is the best options out there right now for linux server distros. Linux OS is still freely downloaded correct? I asked because I used redhat but I went to their site and everything so far seem to want to sell me the OS with some sort of service or an evaluation of the OS.

In the past i would just download the ISOs from the ftp site directly.

Or like in the past almost any distro is ok as long as I can get the drivers and programs for the services needed on the svr?

Thanks

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board