• Linux.com Member
  • Last Logged In: 20 Oct 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • BruceG
    Need help with driver installation of Ralink rt5390 wireless on Oracle Linux
    The last time I looked at Linux was pre 2004. A friend set me up a Linux that booted from a 3 1/2 inch floppy and we did distributed computing work units on overclocked motherboards. I was impressed. I'd like to get back into Linux since it has had time to mature. I tried VM and had no success. So I am finally able to get Oracle Linux to work on a dual boot configuration. I can't read ntfs when I'm in Oracle Linux and a thumb drive with ntfs can't be read either. How do I format a thumb drive that will work to transfer back and forth from Linux to Windows 7? So I can tell you the screen info that will allow you to help me. At present I have the driver from Ralink rt5390 2011_0406_RT5390_RT5392_Linux_STA_V2.5.0.3_DPO_GPL.bz2 its compressed and I can transfer it to DVD to import to Linux or get a thumb drive working. I'm on an HP dv7-6157CL and I only have wireless from sprint to work with. Thanks a bunch, BruceG
    Link to this post 20 Oct 11

The last time I looked at Linux was pre 2004. A friend set me up a Linux that booted from a 3 1/2 inch floppy and we did distributed computing work units on overclocked motherboards. I was impressed. I'd like to get back into Linux since it has had time to mature.

I tried VM and had no success. So I am finally able to get Oracle Linux to work on a dual boot configuration.
    I can't read ntfs when I'm in Oracle Linux and a thumb drive with ntfs can't be read either. How do I format a thumb drive that will work to transfer back and forth from Linux to Windows 7? So I can tell you the screen info that will allow you to help me. At present I have the driver from Ralink rt5390 2011_0406_RT5390_RT5392_Linux_STA_V2.5.0.3_DPO_GPL.bz2 its compressed and I can transfer it to DVD to import to Linux or get a thumb drive working. I'm on an HP dv7-6157CL and I only have wireless from sprint to work with.
    Thanks a bunch,
    BruceG

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board