• Last Logged In: 08 Nov 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • xavinux
    RE: Permissions issue.
    Again, thank you for your kind attention Sir. I run these commands but couldn´t obtain the user with permission over this files. I run: lsof | grep "/maildir/domain.com/user/.Sent/cur/mail_id" lsof "/maildir/domain.com/user/.Sent/cur/mail_id" (THIS LINE WITHOUT THE GREP FILTER) lsof | grep /maildir/domain.com/user/.Sent/cur/mail_id (THIS LINE WIYHOUT QUOTES) lsof /maildir/domain.com/user/.Sent/cur/mail_id (THIS LINE WITHOUT THE GREP FILTER AND WITHOU QUOTES) But dont´t tell me anything about the user who is owning this file, although I´m logged as root in the system. Thanks for your patience and your help Sir.
    Link to this post 02 Nov 11

Again, thank you for your kind attention Sir.
    I run these commands but couldn´t obtain the user with permission over this files.
    I run:

lsof | grep "/maildir/domain.com/user/.Sent/cur/mail_id"

lsof "/maildir/domain.com/user/.Sent/cur/mail_id" (THIS LINE WITHOUT THE GREP FILTER)

lsof | grep /maildir/domain.com/user/.Sent/cur/mail_id (THIS LINE WIYHOUT QUOTES)

lsof /maildir/domain.com/user/.Sent/cur/mail_id (THIS LINE WITHOUT THE GREP FILTER AND WITHOU QUOTES)

But dont´t tell me anything about the user who is owning this file, although I´m logged as root in the system.
    Thanks for your patience and your help Sir.

• xavinux
    Thanks again mfillpot for taking time to answer me. Could you please give me an example of how would you combine the lsof with the grep command so as to be able to find those files in the mail directory? Thank you very much Sir.
    Link to this post 02 Nov 11

Thanks again mfillpot for taking time to answer me.
    Could you please give me an example of how would you combine the lsof with the grep command so as to be able to find those files in the mail directory?
    Thank you very much Sir.

• xavinux
    This is what I find with lsof: lsof -i :143 COMMAND PID USER FD TYPE DEVICE SIZE NODE NAME couriertc 2849 root 3u IPv4 7630 TCP mail.server:imap2 (LISTEN) couriertc 2849 root 5u IPv4 7631 TCP localhost:imap2 (LISTEN) Seems that root is the username being used. I´ve changed the courier directory UID and GID to mail:mail but when I do lsof -i :143 still root as the username in used. Still can´t find a solution to this issue. Thanks again for you attention.
    Link to this post 01 Nov 11

This is what I find with lsof:

lsof -i :143
    COMMAND PID USER FD TYPE DEVICE SIZE NODE NAME
    couriertc 2849 root 3u IPv4 7630 TCP mail.server:imap2 (LISTEN)
    couriertc 2849 root 5u IPv4 7631 TCP localhost:imap2 (LISTEN)

Seems that root is the username being used.
    I´ve changed the courier directory UID and GID to mail:mail but when I do lsof -i :143 still root as the username in used.
    Still can´t find a solution to this issue.
    Thanks again for you attention.

• xavinux
    Thank you very much for your help mfillpot. I´ll be testing what I can find with lsof and post what I find. Thanks again. Best regards
    Link to this post 01 Nov 11

Thank you very much for your help mfillpot.
    I´ll be testing what I can find with lsof and post what I find.
    Thanks again.

Best regards

• xavinux
    Permissions issue.
    Hi Dear Sirs: I am having a little problem with permissions of a file, and can´t find a solution, I have a mail Server with Postfix, Courier and Roundcube as Webmail. When I give in the user´s directory permissions to root (/maildir/user root:root), login is ok in Roundcube but can´t send mails, and logs show: "/maildir/domain.com/user/tmp/mail_id.server_name: Permission denied)" If I give in user´s directory permissions to another user, for example mail (/maildir/user mail:mail), I can send mails but can´t login into Roundcube Webmail. Please excuse me if this is not the correct place for asking for help with this issue. But I ´ve been looking for a solution for some days but can´t find it. Any help will be welcome. Thanks for your attention Sirs. Best regards, Javier
    Link to this post 31 Oct 11

Hi Dear Sirs:
    I am having a little problem with permissions of a file, and can´t find a solution,
    I have a mail Server with Postfix, Courier and Roundcube as Webmail.
    When I give in the user´s directory permissions to root (/maildir/user root:root), login is ok in Roundcube but can´t send mails, and logs show: "/maildir/domain.com/user/tmp/mail_id.server_name: Permission denied)"
    If I give in user´s directory permissions to another user, for example mail (/maildir/user mail:mail), I can send mails but can´t login into Roundcube Webmail.
    Please excuse me if this is not the correct place for asking for help with this issue.
    But I ´ve been looking for a solution for some days but can´t find it.
    Any help will be welcome.
    Thanks for your attention Sirs.
    Best regards,

Javier

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board