Alright, thanks.

• Nickrameau
    RE: Sup?
    Thank you mfillpot, it's okay.
    Link to this post 25 Dec 11

Thank you mfillpot, it's okay.

• Nickrameau
    RE: Modifying restricted folders without terminal
    Yeah, you are right MasenM, I figured it out. I just had to call the Geany text editor with sudo, like so: sudo geany then I would be able to save my files in any directory. Thanks for your reply. BTW: It looks like you are the only one replying to my posts, these forums aren't really that active, maybe I should try to find a better Linux forum.
    Link to this post 24 Dec 11

Yeah, you are right MasenM, I figured it out. I just had to call the Geany text editor with sudo, like so:
    sudo geany
    then I would be able to save my files in any directory.
    Thanks for your reply.
    BTW: It looks like you are the only one replying to my posts, these forums aren't really that active, maybe I should try to find a better Linux forum.

• Nickrameau
    Modifying restricted folders without terminal
    Hello guys, I have Ubuntu 11.10 and installed Xampp for linux on it, but the Xampp installation requires that you extract it in the /opt folder, I am the administrator of the OS, but whenever I want to modify a content in the folder, it doesn't want to change, it's like I am just a user, but when I attempt to modify it with the terminal using sudo, it works just fine, but it takes time, and I really don't like to waste my time, so please, tell me a way to be able to modify the /opt folder without having to do it in the terminal. Thank you.
    Link to this post 23 Dec 11

Hello guys, I have Ubuntu 11.10 and installed Xampp for linux on it, but the Xampp installation requires that you extract it in the /opt folder, I am the administrator of the OS, but whenever I want to modify a content in the folder, it doesn't want to change, it's like I am just a user, but when I attempt to modify it with the terminal using sudo, it works just fine, but it takes time, and I really don't like to waste my time, so please, tell me a way to be able to modify the /opt folder without having to do it in the terminal. Thank you.

• Nickrameau
    RE: Sup?
    Thanks MasenM. :)
    Link to this post 21 Dec 11

Thanks MasenM. :)

• Nickrameau
    RE: Looking for some community support!
    This is great, I know a bunch about PHP (currently learning it, MySql and Ajax), and I am pretty good at CSS, HTML, JavaScript and Jquery, maybe I could help maintaining the site with you, if you want. I will also post in the forums also, I just started using Ubuntu (Maybe I could hold the "Ubuntu" forums). If you think I can help, just message me at rjbernick@yahoo.com or reply here.

This is great, I know a bunch about PHP (currently learning it, MySql and Ajax), and I am pretty good at CSS, HTML, JavaScript and Jquery, maybe I could help maintaining the site with you, if you want.
    I will also post in the forums also, I just started using Ubuntu (Maybe I could hold the "Ubuntu" forums).
    If you think I can help, just message me at rjbernick@yahoo.com or reply here.

• Nickrameau
    Sup?
    Hi there! At the time of writing, now, I am installing Ubuntu for the third time of my life and I am so excited. I have been using windows for the past 3 years and I really do regret that I haven't met Ubuntu before! I really like it and I hope that you will all be helping me to become a pro at it. So, nice to meet you all. Call me Nick. ;) BTW: If any other newbies at Ubuntu want to start up with me, just message me at rjbernick@yahoo.com.

Hi there!
    At the time of writing, now, I am installing Ubuntu for the third time of my life and I am so excited. I have been using windows for the past 3 years and I really do regret that I haven't met Ubuntu before! I really like it and I hope that you will all be helping me to become a pro at it. So, nice to meet you all.
    Call me Nick. ;)
    BTW: If any other newbies at Ubuntu want to start up with me, just message me at rjbernick@yahoo.com.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board