• Last Logged In: 04 Nov 09

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • abrenar
    RE: Linux.com Groups
    thats a good idea, and my suggestion is dont erase it at all give a public warning that when there group is not actively running withing a few days it will deleted, the forum questions and answer can also be delete, the non-sense questions and answers. it can free up some space for this site. B)
    Link to this post 28 May 09

thats a good idea, and my suggestion is dont erase it at all give a public warning that when there group is not actively running withing a few days it will deleted, the forum questions and answer can also be delete, the non-sense questions and answers. it can free up some space for this site.

B)

• abrenar
    RE: more man page trouble
    if you are confuse, the easiest way is to add the "/opt/gnome/bin" to the last colon in the line PATH in your .bashrc ;)
    Link to this post 28 May 09

if you are confuse, the easiest way is to add the "/opt/gnome/bin"
    to the last colon in the line PATH in your .bashrc

;)

• abrenar
    MAC OS terminal equivalent ?
    first of all i dont have a wide internet access thats why i keep on asking here simple questions: question: Command prompt in windows, Terminal in Linux and in mac OS ? can i run mac OS terminal in Ubuntu intrepid, like command prompt it can run in ubuntu using dosbox. Thanks, in advance. B)
    Link to this post 27 May 09

first of all i dont have a wide internet access thats why i keep on asking here simple questions:

question:

Command prompt in windows, Terminal in Linux and in mac OS ?

can i run mac OS terminal in Ubuntu intrepid, like command prompt it can run in ubuntu using dosbox.

Thanks, in advance. B)

• abrenar
    RE: i need help about command copy file.
    you first run ls -l in the directory containing libubuntulooks.la then: sudo cp -rp libubuntulooks.la /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines then show us what you got. ;)

you first run ls -l in the directory containing libubuntulooks.la then:

sudo cp -rp libubuntulooks.la /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines

then show us what you got.

;)

• abrenar
    RE: i need help about command copy file.
    but it ' tell = cp: cannot stat `libubuntulooks.so': No such file or directory cp: cannot stat `libubuntulooks.la': No such file or directory i seems that the cp command does not recognize you files to be copied to engine, where did you run those commands? you must run that commands to the directory containing the files and add -p so that the permission will not change. ;)

but it ' tell =
    cp: cannot stat `libubuntulooks.so': No such file or directory
    cp: cannot stat `libubuntulooks.la': No such file or directory

i seems that the cp command does not recognize you files to be copied to engine, where did you run those commands? you must run that commands to the directory containing the files and add -p so that the permission will not change.

;)

• abrenar
    RE: We need some form of moderation on PM's!
    Eric dont let spammers die the balance will never reach if only good guys like us only exist. :woohoo:
    Link to this post 26 May 09

Eric dont let spammers die the balance will never reach if only good guys like us only exist.

:woohoo:

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board