• Last Logged In: 04 Nov 09

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • abrenar
    RE: usb partitioning
    it seems that the other part of your 4g flash drive is unallocated, or may be it is formatted on different file-system format, you can reformat your flash drive using gparted. note before formatting your flash make sure you resized the current partition adding the unallocated spaces. hope it helps.
    Link to this post 14 Jul 09

it seems that the other part of your 4g flash drive is unallocated, or may be it is formatted on different file-system format, you can reformat your flash drive using gparted. note before formatting your flash make sure you resized the current partition adding the unallocated spaces.

hope it helps.

• abrenar
    RE: split CLI terminal
    why dont you create new tab in your terminal window or open another terminal?
    Link to this post 09 Jul 09

why dont you create new tab in your terminal window or open another terminal?

• abrenar
    RE: portable linux
    that is impossible running linux on your usb under windows with out installing anything in windows, why you dont want to install anything? why do you want to try linux ? why do you want it to run under windows? actually this is possible but you need to install application that will virtually runthe linux OS under windows. and one more thing if you want to learn linux you must be ready to to study learn and appreciate Linux.
    Link to this post 09 Jul 09

that is impossible running linux on your usb under windows with out installing anything in windows,

why you dont want to install anything?
    why do you want to try linux ?
    why do you want it to run under windows?

actually this is possible but you need to install application that will virtually runthe linux OS under windows. and one more thing if you want to learn linux you must be ready to to study learn and appreciate Linux.

• abrenar
    RE: Linux refuses to install?
    this is a simple way, get ubuntu linux live cd musch better get latest version jaunty, then if you have windows xp, run the cd under xp and insert the ubuntu cd, then wait on the auto prompt click install ubuntu under windows after that reboot the system and boot to ubuntu not on the cd but in the boot menu then click ubuntu and thats it follow the on screen instruction. hope it helps :woohoo:
    Link to this post 11 Jun 09

this is a simple way, get ubuntu linux live cd musch better get latest version jaunty, then if you have windows xp, run the cd under xp and insert the ubuntu cd, then wait on the auto prompt click install ubuntu under windows after that reboot the system and boot to ubuntu not on the cd but in the boot menu then click ubuntu and thats it follow the on screen instruction.

hope it helps :woohoo:

• abrenar
    RE: export?
    put your export script in your profile. simple as that. B)
    Link to this post 11 Jun 09

put your export script in your profile. simple as that.

B)

• abrenar
    RE: i want to know about themes
    I am not telling you not to ask questions, asking questions is showing you some interest in your linux distro, but it is a good choice if you will google it and try it and if you got some problem that is the time for you to ask why is that problem occur. Linux is a great Operating system that needs some unerstanding, learning and lots of researching because it is unlimited in resources. ;)
    Link to this post 29 May 09

I am not telling you not to ask questions, asking questions is showing you some interest in your linux distro, but it is a good choice if you will google it and try it and if you got some problem that is the time for you to ask why is that problem occur. Linux is a great Operating system that needs some unerstanding, learning and lots of researching because it is unlimited in resources.

;)

• abrenar
    RE: Linux.com Groups
    thats a good idea, and my suggestion is dont erase it at all give a public warning that when there group is not actively running withing a few days it will deleted, the forum questions and answer can also be delete, the non-sense questions and answers. it can free up some space for this site. B)
    Link to this post 28 May 09

thats a good idea, and my suggestion is dont erase it at all give a public warning that when there group is not actively running withing a few days it will deleted, the forum questions and answer can also be delete, the non-sense questions and answers. it can free up some space for this site.

B)

• abrenar
    RE: more man page trouble
    if you are confuse, the easiest way is to add the "/opt/gnome/bin" to the last colon in the line PATH in your .bashrc ;)
    Link to this post 28 May 09

if you are confuse, the easiest way is to add the "/opt/gnome/bin"
    to the last colon in the line PATH in your .bashrc

;)

• abrenar
    MAC OS terminal equivalent ?
    first of all i dont have a wide internet access thats why i keep on asking here simple questions: question: Command prompt in windows, Terminal in Linux and in mac OS ? can i run mac OS terminal in Ubuntu intrepid, like command prompt it can run in ubuntu using dosbox. Thanks, in advance. B)
    Link to this post 27 May 09

first of all i dont have a wide internet access thats why i keep on asking here simple questions:

question:

Command prompt in windows, Terminal in Linux and in mac OS ?

can i run mac OS terminal in Ubuntu intrepid, like command prompt it can run in ubuntu using dosbox.

Thanks, in advance. B)

• abrenar
    RE: i need help about command copy file.
    you first run ls -l in the directory containing libubuntulooks.la then: sudo cp -rp libubuntulooks.la /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines then show us what you got. ;)
    Link to this post 27 May 09

you first run ls -l in the directory containing libubuntulooks.la then:

sudo cp -rp libubuntulooks.la /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines

then show us what you got.

;)

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board