• Last Logged In: 7 days ago

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • oldgi
    RE: yumError
    I was just doing an install to USB flash drive and the partition format for the boot partition in ext4 format never finished and I go this error. I used gpart to format the partition and re-started the install and it went OK.... Thanks for all the responses..... you guys are great.... Finally a Ubuntu distro that I think I can live with..... Ubuntu 12.04 LTS shines bright for the future... Upgrades takes far to long when installing on a USB Flash Drive.....
    Link to this post 01 Jun 12

I was just doing an install to USB flash drive and the partition format for the boot partition in ext4 format never finished and I go this error. I used gpart to format the partition and re-started the install and it went OK....

Thanks for all the responses..... you guys are great....

Finally a Ubuntu distro that I think I can live with..... Ubuntu 12.04 LTS shines bright for the future...

Upgrades takes far to long when installing on a USB Flash Drive.....

• oldgi
    RE: What is Best Distro for Toshiba Satellite P100
    Hi, I am also a newbie to Linux... Have downloaded and tried about 15 different distros. What I have settled on is Mint 11 the Debian version. Once installed it does not require and new install when system is up-graded, based on Debian and is very stable. Here is the link: http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=1818 Good Linuxing.......
    Link to this post 25 Feb 12

Hi, I am also a newbie to Linux... Have downloaded and tried about 15 different distros. What I have settled on is Mint 11 the Debian version. Once installed it does not require and new install when system is up-graded, based on Debian and is very stable.

Here is the link:

http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=1818

Good Linuxing.......

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board