• Linux.com Member
  • Last Logged In: 09 Feb 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • 012345JOsh
    RE: Copying directories from removable media?
    I am really not sure if I understand correctly, but if you copy some cd-rom or usb flash or st. you have to use propriate file in the /dev directory eg. /dev/cdrom or /dev/sda. But I used it only for few times. Also I am not sure, if there is possible to make a copy of directory using this way, because there can be stored other directories everywhere in some device so i think that dd can be used only for coppying files eg. of devices. So it could look somethink like: dd if=/dev/cdrom of=/home/user/Desktop/MyCD.iso I am not sure, but I think that you can erase part of your disk by using command like that, because I destroyed my system this way. I am using flash disc /dev/sdb until this time for this case.
    Link to this post 10 Feb 12

I am really not sure if I understand correctly, but if you copy some cd-rom or usb flash or st. you have to use propriate file in the /dev directory eg. /dev/cdrom or /dev/sda. But I used it only for few times. Also I am not sure, if there is possible to make a copy of directory using this way, because there can be stored other directories everywhere in some device so i think that dd can be used only for coppying files eg. of devices.

So it could look somethink like:
    dd if=/dev/cdrom of=/home/user/Desktop/MyCD.iso

I am not sure, but I think that you can erase part of your disk by using command like that, because I destroyed my system this way. I am using flash disc /dev/sdb until this time for this case.

• 012345JOsh
    RE: SOLVED: Tomcat installation from source
    Now there will be really trouble, how to do all with ant...

Now there will be really trouble, how to do all with ant...

• 012345JOsh
    RE: SOLVED: Tomcat installation from source
    Trouble solved. I folowed instructions for binary installation and I had downloaded source distribution, so I had plenty of troubles of course ;-) Now until I've just downloaded binary file and all is OK.

Trouble solved. I folowed instructions for binary installation and I had downloaded source distribution, so I had plenty of troubles of course ;-) Now until I've just downloaded binary file and all is OK.

• 012345JOsh
    RE: Choosing distribution new to the world of Linux
    I have not so experience in that kind of learning but I've heart that Debian is usefull for that kind of tests.
    Link to this post 09 Feb 12

I have not so experience in that kind of learning but I've heart that Debian is usefull for that kind of tests.

• 012345JOsh
    SOLVED: Tomcat installation from source
    Hallo, I have some trouble with Tomcat installation. I've just instaled java to /usr/local, set JAVA_HOME, unpack tomcat to its directory set apropriate TOMCAT_HOME, CATALINA_HOME, set everything neccesary to login.defs variable ENV_SUPATH and after running version.sh I had some variable print and falure after them: Could not find or load main class org.apache.catalina.util.ServerInfo. I've found that there is not the file bootstrap.jar according variable CLASSPATH ($CATALINA_HOME/bin/bootstrap.jar. Where I made mistake during installation? Have this file some kind of connection with failure? Thanks for any kind of help!
    Link to this post 09 Feb 12

Hallo,
    I have some trouble with Tomcat installation. I've just instaled java to /usr/local, set JAVA_HOME, unpack tomcat to its directory set apropriate TOMCAT_HOME, CATALINA_HOME, set everything neccesary to login.defs variable ENV_SUPATH and after running version.sh I had some variable print and falure after them: Could not find or load main class org.apache.catalina.util.ServerInfo. I've found that there is not the file bootstrap.jar according variable CLASSPATH ($CATALINA_HOME/bin/bootstrap.jar. Where I made mistake during installation? Have this file some kind of connection with failure? Thanks for any kind of help!

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board