• Last Logged In: 17 Feb 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Napoleonlinux
    RE: networking/security
    Great answer, mfillpot. I can work with that. Thank you.
    Link to this post 17 Feb 12

Great answer, mfillpot. I can work with that. Thank you.

• Napoleonlinux
    Lol, all of it, Mfillpot. I am reading a book written by Patrick Engebretson, called "The Basics of Hacking and Penetration Testing." It covers the basics and it is just what I need. In this book he covers Backtrack. Are there books you can recommend? Have you ever used distributions such as IPcop Firewall? I will be grateful for your answers.
    Link to this post 17 Feb 12

Lol, all of it, Mfillpot. I am reading a book written by Patrick Engebretson, called "The Basics of Hacking and Penetration Testing." It covers the basics and it is just what I need. In this book he covers Backtrack.

Are there books you can recommend? Have you ever used distributions such as IPcop Firewall?

I will be grateful for your answers.

• Napoleonlinux
    Thank you for your answers.
    Link to this post 15 Feb 12

Thank you for your answers.

• Napoleonlinux
    networking/security
    I want to dive into the topics networking/security. I have some working knowledge of Linux: I use Ubuntu Linux, Chakra Linux, Puppy Linux. And I know the terminal well. My question: where to start? What books do you recommend that I should read on these topics? Where did you start? Btw, I have a higher education. Any help on this is more than welcome.
    Link to this post 13 Feb 12

I want to dive into the topics networking/security. I have some working knowledge of Linux: I use Ubuntu Linux, Chakra Linux, Puppy Linux. And I know the terminal well.

My question: where to start? What books do you recommend that I should read on these topics? Where did you start? Btw, I have a higher education.

Any help on this is more than welcome.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board