• Last Logged In: 04 Mar 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • G3ZXX
    Open Port 2222 ?
    Hi All. I am basically NEW to Linux, but got no responses to asking the following, via the Newbies Forum. I have managed to set up a simple server using Apache2.2, with some assistance from a friend. But I perceive that I need to "Open Port 2222" to enable individuals on the Internet, to see the information that the specific software is generating. Can't get my brain around "Open Port 2222" !!!! I'm using Debian 6.0.3 Any help, would be very much appreciated. Cheers Dave.
    Link to this post 04 Mar 12

Hi All.

I am basically NEW to Linux, but got no responses to asking the following, via the Newbies Forum.

I have managed to set up a simple server using Apache2.2, with some assistance from a friend.

But I perceive that I need to "Open Port 2222" to enable individuals on the Internet, to see the information that the specific software is generating.

Can't get my brain around "Open Port 2222" !!!!

I'm using Debian 6.0.3

Any help, would be very much appreciated.

Cheers Dave.

• G3ZXX
    How do I open port 2222
    Yes, I am basically NEW to Linux. However I have managed to set up a simple server using Apache2.2, with some assistance from a friend. But I perceive that I need to "Open Port 2222" to enable individuals on the Internet, to see the information. Can't get my brain around that bit !!!! I'm using Debian 6.0.3 Any help, which should be put as simply as possible, would be very much appreciated. Cheers Dave.
    Link to this post 02 Mar 12

Yes, I am basically NEW to Linux.

However I have managed to set up a simple server using Apache2.2, with some assistance from a friend.

But I perceive that I need to "Open Port 2222" to enable individuals on the Internet, to see the information.

Can't get my brain around that bit !!!!

I'm using Debian 6.0.3

Any help, which should be put as simply as possible, would be very much appreciated.

Cheers Dave.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board