• Last Logged In: 13 Mar 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • SebastienS
    serial driver
    Hi everybody, I wanna know if there there is someone which know how to implement and integret a new line discipline on serial drivers like PPP or SLIP which are already integrated on all linux distribution. Do you know if this modules are dynamically? Regards, Sébastien
    Link to this post 12 Mar 12

Hi everybody,

I wanna know if there there is someone which know how to implement and integret a new line discipline on serial drivers like PPP or SLIP which are already integrated on all linux distribution.

Do you know if this modules are dynamically?

Regards,
    Sébastien

• SebastienS
    RE: Line discipline, serial datation and log
    Yes sorry but this post seems to be in the wrong section. It's a programming question that's why I re-post it in the other section. Please delete it if you know how to. Tks
    Link to this post 06 Mar 12

Yes sorry but this post seems to be in the wrong section. It's a programming question that's why I re-post it in the other section. Please delete it if you know how to.

Tks

• SebastienS
    Line discipline, serial datation and log
    Hi everybody, I have to find a solution to log data (and date the data) from serial in my software. This software will be implemented on Linux system (2.6.29 precisly). It's an embedded software and the linux has also an RTC. I found some documentation on internet. According to me, the best solution to be more deterministic on datation is to implement a new line discipline which add a datation service to the serial driver. I need to be more deterministic as possible with a non-real time system and I want to re-use this software on different systems. That forces me not to modify the low-level layer driver which is specific to the hardware. So, do you know if there is already some existing project which includes this kind of solution? I tried to find some documentation on "how to implement a new line discipline" but unsuccessfully. Do you know something on this subject? Regards, Sébastien ps : sorry for my writting, I'm french...
    Link to this post 06 Mar 12

Hi everybody,

I have to find a solution to log data (and date the data) from serial in my software. This software will be implemented on Linux system (2.6.29 precisly). It's an embedded software and the linux has also an RTC.

I found some documentation on internet. According to me, the best solution to be more deterministic on datation is to implement a new line discipline which add a datation service to the serial driver.

I need to be more deterministic as possible with a non-real time system and I want to re-use this software on different systems. That forces me not to modify the low-level layer driver which is specific to the hardware.

So, do you know if there is already some existing project which includes this kind of solution?

I tried to find some documentation on "how to implement a new line discipline" but unsuccessfully. Do you know something on this subject?

Regards,
    Sébastien

ps : sorry for my writting, I'm french...

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board