• Last Logged In: 11 Jun 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • WidmarkRob
    RE: Advice as to which version…
    okay, after looking around and reading a few articles… One article suggested Ubuntu for laptops was a good starting point. Any other distributions good for a starting point for a laptop, I am going to be learning a few programming languages in the near future. Python, Java, C# probably to start with… Any suggestions as to which distribution on a laptop. Thank you in advance
    Link to this post 08 May 12

okay, after looking around and reading a few articles… One article suggested Ubuntu for laptops was a good starting point.

Any other distributions good for a starting point for a laptop, I am going to be learning a few programming languages in the near future.
    Python, Java, C# probably to start with… Any suggestions as to which distribution on a laptop.

Thank you in advance

• WidmarkRob
    Advice as to which version…
    Hello to all, I'm looking for a little bit of advice. Currently I'm running Windows 7 32-bit… 8 GB of RAM I would like to utilize all 8 GB of RAM. All I know is I would need to be running a 64-bit operating system. Some suggestions/advice/insight as to which Linux version to install. I am a quadriplegic, so… Maybe a version that doesn't have too much problem with running a virtual box so I can install Dragon NaturallySpeaking within this virtual box. Thank you in advance
    Link to this post 08 May 12

Hello to all,

I'm looking for a little bit of advice.

Currently I'm running Windows 7 32-bit… 8 GB of RAM

I would like to utilize all 8 GB of RAM. All I know is I would need to be running a 64-bit operating system.
    Some suggestions/advice/insight as to which Linux version to install.

I am a quadriplegic, so… Maybe a version that doesn't have too much problem with running a virtual box so I can install Dragon NaturallySpeaking within this virtual box.

Thank you in advance

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board