• Last Logged In: 03 Feb 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • kidcharlamain
    RE: Mandriva 2009.1 (Spring) 64 Bit
    Ok I got a new drive set up partitions, did bad block check , format and did new installation. I also created a new clonezilla backup. Lets see what happens:silly: TNX
    Link to this post 06 Oct 09

Ok I got a new drive set up partitions, did bad block check , format and did new installation. I also created a new clonezilla backup. Lets see what happens:silly:

TNX

• kidcharlamain
    Ok the NVIDIA issue makes sense, my laptop has an NVIDIA card. But I just had another crash after updates were installed on a new 2009.1(Spring) installation. The problem this time is a grub error 17, looking a bit further the boot drive seems to be missing.:blink: I tried to to restore an image I made of my system with clonezilla and it said that it couldn't re-install grub, so I went the 2009.1(Spring) rescue system and tried to re-install grub and got the same error boot drive is missing. So next I went to check the partitions and got an error that partition table was severely corrupted, so I re-created the partitions and tonite I will try to restore my clonzilla image. These are the types of problems I have had with Mandriva. At first I thought it was defective hardware but Fedora, Red Hat, SuSE and CentOS all run fine, and none of the hardware diagnostics I ran found any problems, and this is why I had decided to stop using Mandriva.:dry: Any suggestions would be much appreciated TNX
    Link to this post 01 Oct 09

Ok the NVIDIA issue makes sense, my laptop has an NVIDIA card. But I just had another crash after updates were installed on a new 2009.1(Spring) installation. The problem this time is a grub error 17, looking a bit further the boot drive seems to be missing.:blink: I tried to to restore an image I made of my system with clonezilla and it said that it couldn't re-install grub, so I went the 2009.1(Spring) rescue system and tried to re-install grub and got the same error boot drive is missing. So next I went to check the partitions and got an error that partition table was severely corrupted, so I re-created the partitions and tonite I will try to restore my clonzilla image. These are the types of problems I have had with Mandriva. At first I thought it was defective hardware but Fedora, Red Hat, SuSE and CentOS all run fine, and none of the hardware diagnostics I ran found any problems, and this is why I had decided to stop using Mandriva.:dry:

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

TNX

• kidcharlamain
    I wish i could share your enthusiasm.:dry: Let me start by saying I want use Mandriva as my main distro, I read it the one to use if you want to do developer work and I do. But every time I get it going some recommended update hoses X, kills my user account and leaves my system with a keyboard that only works in the CLI. Also all attempts to run the updates to fix it fail:angry: I use the system for school so every time it fails I fall behind. Guys let me in on the secret to keep it running TNX da kid
    Link to this post 26 Sep 09

I wish i could share your enthusiasm.:dry: Let me start by saying I want use Mandriva as my main distro, I read it the one to use if you want to do developer work and I do. But every time I get it going some recommended update hoses X, kills my user account and leaves my system with a keyboard that only works in the CLI. Also all attempts to run the updates to fix it fail:angry: I use the system for school so every time it fails I fall behind. Guys let me in on the secret to keep it running

TNX

da kid

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board