• Last Logged In: 18 Feb

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • ben
    RE: Skype for linux
    Thank you so much Matthew, I'll try to use it after a little bit of study (and work obviously...)
    Link to this post 08 Jul 11

Thank you so much Matthew, I'll try to use it after a little bit of study (and work obviously...)

• ben
    GOT IT ! Come on boys, they've just opened it !

GOT IT ! Come on boys, they've just opened it !

• ben
    Like you, I've tried this morning with the new invitation sent from Matthew but unfortunately it seems they've closed it again

Like you, I've tried this morning with the new invitation sent from Matthew but unfortunately it seems they've closed it again

• ben
    Indeed, I've received your invitation twice so thank you for it but I guess they've locked the site with some sort of user limit
    Link to this post 07 Jul 11

Indeed, I've received your invitation twice so thank you for it but I guess they've locked the site with some sort of user limit

• ben
    RE: Programming in C, and Java in a Linux environment.
    My favorite choice is Eclipse (http://www.eclipse.org), originally it was a Java development tool only but it's now my favorite choice for every kind of development, no matter about the language. You need C ? Eclipse+CDT, PHP ? Eclipse+PDT and so on... You may even do a lot of jobs with other languages, develop web apps, profile them and so forth; cross compiling (for embedded or Windows apps) is supported and heavily used as well, take a look at it if you want a good IDE tool. Now the bad part: it's huge, fat and slow on cheap/obsolete hw, it eats a lot of RAM and some CPU processing power as well, you cannot use it on old hw but it runs fine on recent machines. If you'd like to use one tool for everything (with proper plugins/extensions) maybe Eclipse could be your best friend (also: platform independent), if you want to keep a smooth approach maybe you'd better look at something else Ben
    Link to this post 07 Jul 11

My favorite choice is Eclipse (http://www.eclipse.org), originally it was a Java development tool only but it's now my favorite choice for every kind of development, no matter about the language. You need C ? Eclipse+CDT, PHP ? Eclipse+PDT and so on...
    You may even do a lot of jobs with other languages, develop web apps, profile them and so forth; cross compiling (for embedded or Windows apps) is supported and heavily used as well, take a look at it if you want a good IDE tool.

Now the bad part: it's huge, fat and slow on cheap/obsolete hw, it eats a lot of RAM and some CPU processing power as well, you cannot use it on old hw but it runs fine on recent machines. If you'd like to use one tool for everything (with proper plugins/extensions) maybe Eclipse could be your best friend (also: platform independent), if you want to keep a smooth approach maybe you'd better look at something else

Ben

• ben
    @Matthew: After your invitation I got this from their pages: " Already invited? We've temporarily exceeded our capacity. Please try again soon. " I've to wait for a while... :unsure:
    Link to this post 06 Jul 11

@Matthew:
    After your invitation I got this from their pages:
    "
    Already invited? We've temporarily exceeded our capacity. Please try again soon.
    "

I've to wait for a while... :unsure:

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board