• Last Logged In: 14 Dec 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • FedsaAgainstGunS
    RE: ubuntu 12.04 LTS , usb modem not working on os
    [quote="GoinEasy9"]Insert the USB modem and type "lsusb" (without quotes) in a terminal and copy the output here. If you can identify the line that identifies the usb modem then just copy that line, if not, show us the whole output. I'm not finding the info by googling "micromax mmx350".[/quote] Bus 001 Device 003: ID 148f:3070 Ralink Technology, Corp. RT2870/RT3070 Wireless Adapter Bus 002 Device 003: ID 046d:c52b Logitech, Inc. Unifying Receiver Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0461:4d16 Primax Electronics, Ltd Bus 002 Device 004: ID 050d:0415 Belkin Components Bus 002 Device 005: ID 1410:5020 Novatel Wireless (this is the USB modem it used to work in 9.04) i am trying to use load balancing and link aggregation to speed up my network(i have lived in "fringe" area for 22 years and have had enough with getting the run around), i will be getting satallite internet soon to more than double the available bandwidth but i'd like to increasde the reliablity and speed by using uo to 2 more of my cellular connections and one of my neighbors (if she is up for it) but my 3G modem does not seem to be working well with 12.04 lts(not showing up as a network adapter in this version), any ideas at all would be greatly apreciated FYI: i will be getting houghes net through dish network with a neighbor observed speed of 6.3Mbps, ad a ping around 1400ms, my single cellular 3G line normally pulls about 1.8Mbps, but has reached 3.9Mbps on good days(verry rare) and it also has a ping of around 130ms, thats good enough for gaminbg and for checking m security cameras, if i agrigate these 2-4 links i could be seeing muchj more bang for my buck and an almost 0 down time, important for tryin to run multiple business out of my home($40/moth for satallite[not mine] and $35/moth for each cellular link[at the moment only one is active])
    Link to this post 14 Dec 12

GoinEasy9 said:

Insert the USB modem and type "lsusb" (without quotes) in a terminal and copy the output here. If you can identify the line that identifies the usb modem then just copy that line, if not, show us the whole output. I'm not finding the info by googling "micromax mmx350".

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 148f:3070 Ralink Technology, Corp. RT2870/RT3070 Wireless Adapter
    Bus 002 Device 003: ID 046d:c52b Logitech, Inc. Unifying Receiver
    Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0461:4d16 Primax Electronics, Ltd
    Bus 002 Device 004: ID 050d:0415 Belkin Components
    Bus 002 Device 005: ID 1410:5020 Novatel Wireless (this is the USB modem it used to work in 9.04)

i am trying to use load balancing and link aggregation to speed up my network(i have lived in "fringe" area for 22 years and have had enough with getting the run around), i will be getting satallite internet soon to more than double the available bandwidth but i'd like to increasde the reliablity and speed by using uo to 2 more of my cellular connections and one of my neighbors (if she is up for it) but my 3G modem does not seem to be working well with 12.04 lts(not showing up as a network adapter in this version), any ideas at all would be greatly apreciated

FYI: i will be getting houghes net through dish network with a neighbor observed speed of 6.3Mbps, ad a ping around 1400ms, my single cellular 3G line normally pulls about 1.8Mbps, but has reached 3.9Mbps on good days(verry rare) and it also has a ping of around 130ms, thats good enough for gaminbg and for checking m security cameras, if i agrigate these 2-4 links i could be seeing muchj more bang for my buck and an almost 0 down time, important for tryin to run multiple business out of my home($40/moth for satallite[not mine] and $35/moth for each cellular link[at the moment only one is active])

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board