• Last Logged In: 23 Dec 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Sir
    RE: Source code - compiler - hardware - kernel OS
    Many Thanks ... No... I am not interested in a Live cd. I just would like to go in deep about a distro installation. For example when I install a windows OS after I need the drivers. With a linux distro it seems that I don't need to do that. For this reason I was thinking that maybe it was possible thanks to a compiler present on the distro install CD...I was wrong! Yes, I am also looking at how can I build a custom operating system with specific components installed on a server. I know it is very very complicate matter.... :) Thanks
    Link to this post 23 Dec 12

Many Thanks ...
    No... I am not interested in a Live cd. I just would like to go in deep about a distro installation. For example when I install a windows OS after I need the drivers. With a linux distro it seems that I don't need to do that. For this reason I was thinking that maybe it was possible thanks to a compiler present on the distro install CD...I was wrong!

Yes, I am also looking at how can I build a custom operating system with specific components installed on a server. I know it is very very complicate matter.... :)

Thanks

• Sir
    Source code - compiler - hardware - kernel OS
    I apologize in advance for the "simple" questions I'm going to do and I hope do not irritate the experts so please have patience .... even I read linux's articles on the internet I'm lost about this concepts .... How you have realised I am just a beginner and I would like to get myself in the linux world ... but .... first to try with the command line, etc. ... I was trying to understand what happens when I install a Distro via CD. I read that the kernal [core] that is created comes from the interaction of sources code and the work of the compiler that fits them to the hardware present on the machine .... Is it correct? I was wondering, what really happens when I insert the CD and install a distro? What files are in the cd? Aware that it is very complicated >> How can I create a custom distro's cd for a server? What means compile a program? thanks in advance
    Link to this post 20 Dec 12

I apologize in advance for the "simple" questions I'm going to do and I hope do not irritate the experts so please have patience .... even I read linux's articles on the internet I'm lost about this concepts ....

How you have realised I am just a beginner and I would like to get myself in the linux world ... but .... first to try with the command line, etc. ... I was trying to understand what happens when I install a Distro via CD. I read that the kernal [core] that is created comes from the interaction of sources code and the work of the compiler that fits them to the hardware present on the machine .... Is it correct?

I was wondering, what really happens when I insert the CD and install a distro? What files are in the cd?

Aware that it is very complicated >> How can I create a custom distro's cd for a server?

What means compile a program?

thanks in advance

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board