• Last Logged In: 30 May 09

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • pjw611
    RE: Wanaby Baby
    I have never used PCLinuxOS, but have had plenty of experience with Ubuntu, and recommend it to everyone I meet who is interested in getting started with Linux. I guess the reason I would recommend Ubuntu is that it is relatively light-weight, installing from a single CD, but feature-full, with all of the basic tools that you need to survive, and an easy method of adding more after the fact as need arises. The community is immense as well, and usually quite helpful. j
    Link to this post 21 May 09

I have never used PCLinuxOS, but have had plenty of experience with Ubuntu, and recommend it to everyone I meet who is interested in getting started with Linux.

I guess the reason I would recommend Ubuntu is that it is relatively light-weight, installing from a single CD, but feature-full, with all of the basic tools that you need to survive, and an easy method of adding more after the fact as need arises. The community is immense as well, and usually quite helpful.

j

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board