• Linux.com Member
  • Last Logged In: 06 Feb 13

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • cvedrick
    database (yes, I did try a search first)
    I am presently building a pc to use as a small business database server with the ability to be accessed from Iphones, Ipads and PCs connected remotely through the internet for the limited purpose of adding and accessing information. I am presently using XP svc pk3, and Access 2003 for building and maintaining the database, but have not yet set it up for remote access. I have diddled with Caldera and the command line, 12 years ago as part of a general PC course. And have set up and used MINT just for internet access. Basically I am looking for suggestions for distributions, Database software and how to allow queries and input remotely. Additionally I need to scan and track photos and send query reports via email (quotes, invoices etc.) I know I can do this with Wind-Blows, Access and RealVNC, but am a bit paranoid about the users ability to screw with my setup.
    Link to this post 06 Feb 13

I am presently building a pc to use as a small business database server with the ability to be accessed from Iphones, Ipads and PCs connected remotely through the internet for the limited purpose of adding and accessing information.

I am presently using XP svc pk3, and Access 2003 for building and maintaining the database, but have not yet set it up for remote access.

I have diddled with Caldera and the command line, 12 years ago as part of a general PC course. And have set up and used MINT just for internet access.

Basically I am looking for suggestions for distributions, Database software and how to allow queries and input remotely. Additionally I need to scan and track photos and send query reports via email (quotes, invoices etc.)

I know I can do this with Wind-Blows, Access and RealVNC, but am a bit paranoid about the users ability to screw with my setup.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board