• Last Logged In: 03 Oct 09

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • gr8linux
    quorum
    "a cluster has 'quorum' if a majority of nodes are alive, communicating, and agree on the active cluster members. So in a thirteen-node cluster, quorum is only reached if seven or more nodes are communicating. If the seventh node dies, the cluster loses quorum and can no longer function." why it is so...... why cluster cant work, if its majority nodes go down????
    Link to this post 07 Sep 09

"a cluster has 'quorum' if a majority of nodes are alive, communicating, and agree on the active cluster members. So in a thirteen-node cluster, quorum is only reached if seven or more nodes are communicating. If the seventh node dies, the cluster loses quorum and can no longer function."

why it is so...... why cluster cant work, if its majority nodes go down????

• gr8linux
    q-disk size
    with the help of mkqdisk command we can create a qdisk in redhat cluster suite. e.g. # mkqdisk -c /dev/hda4 -l qd this'll create a qdisk in /dev/hda4 with approx. 5 GB space.......... i wanna know how can i define my desired size for this qdisk?
    Link to this post 05 Sep 09

with the help of mkqdisk command we can create a qdisk in redhat cluster suite. e.g.
    # mkqdisk -c /dev/hda4 -l qd
    this'll create a qdisk in /dev/hda4 with approx. 5 GB space..........
    i wanna know how can i define my desired size for this qdisk?

• gr8linux
    Q-disk
    what is the concept behind Q-disk in redhat cluter and why do we use it?
    Link to this post 03 Sep 09

what is the concept behind Q-disk in redhat cluter and why do we use it?

• gr8linux
    servers in clustering
    i wanna setup a 3 node redhat cluster.......... can anyone plz tell me what kind of server-clients i hv to setup?
    Link to this post 31 Aug 09

i wanna setup a 3 node redhat cluster.......... can anyone plz tell me what kind of server-clients i hv to setup?

• gr8linux
    cluster
    can anyone plz tell me how to install/configure cluster of three nodes, plz suggest me a step wise solution, if i wanna use RHEL on each node. thank you.
    Link to this post 28 Aug 09

can anyone plz tell me how to install/configure cluster of three nodes,
    plz suggest me a step wise solution, if i wanna use RHEL on each node.
    thank you.

• gr8linux
    kernel
    if we install a new kernel module in our linux system, will older one remove automatically or it'll be there with new one or the newer one'll upgrade the older??? if installation of new kernel will remove the older then what about that particular very short time when there is no kernel in the system....... i mean time between older one is removed and newer is ready to install..... i knw this is very clumpsy question, but i tried best to explain u my problem.
    Link to this post 11 Jul 09

if we install a new kernel module in our linux system, will older one remove automatically or it'll be there with new one or the newer one'll upgrade the older???

if installation of new kernel will remove the older then what about that particular very short time when there is no kernel in the system....... i mean time between older one is removed and newer is ready to install.....

i knw this is very clumpsy question, but i tried best to explain u my problem.

• gr8linux
    display contents of a file
    can we use echo command for displaying the contents of a particular file....................
    Link to this post 09 Jul 09

can we use echo command for displaying the contents of a particular file....................

• gr8linux
    RE: split CLI terminal
    [b]woboyle wrote:[/b] [quote]You can, with emacs.[/quote] what is it? can u plz tell me in little detail....................
    Link to this post 08 Jul 09

woboyle wrote:

You can, with emacs.

what is it? can u plz tell me in little detail....................

• gr8linux
    split CLI terminal
    is it possible to split/divide CLI terminal into two parts so that i can do two different works without switching to other tty, and i can see those two windows simultaneously.
    Link to this post 04 Jul 09

is it possible to split/divide CLI terminal into two parts so that i can do two different works without switching to other tty, and i can see those two windows simultaneously.

• gr8linux
    RE: enhancement of echo
    [quote][b] I personally prefer to use printf, b/c I like the greater flexibility it has in string formatting, etc.[/quote] can u plz gv me some examples of why u prefer printf and how it is more flexible than echo.......i m looking for that. i wanna know what uses r missing in echo.
    Link to this post 17 Jun 09

[b]
    I personally prefer to use printf, b/c I like the greater flexibility it has in string formatting, etc.

can u plz gv me some examples of why u prefer printf and how it is more flexible than echo.......i m looking for that. i wanna know what uses r missing in echo.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board