• Last Logged In: 10 Apr 13

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • N3dot
    [Errno 5] Input/output error during Back Track 5 R3 install
    I created a live cd and got this error, I burned another cd at lower speed and still got the same error, did a live Usb after formating that usb and wiping out free space, i then used Unetbootin to create the live usb and still got this error, i also tried: - shuting down the pc to cool down and retried later - cleaning drive lens - checking md5sum and it was correct - downloading the image direct&torrent,from different sources and all checking their md5sum (they all matched) - dskchk - memtest - different rams (tried 4) - typing "ubiquity --no-migration-assistant" into terminal I also tried keeping the mouse pointer moving during install... Does anyone have a solution to this problem? The entire error: [Errno 5] Input/output error This particular error is often due to a faulty CD/DVD disk or drive, or a faulty hard disk. It may help to clean the CD/DVD, to burn the CD/DVD at a lower speed, to clean the CD/DVD drive lens (cleaning kits are often available from electronics suppliers), to check whether the hard disk is old and in need of replacement, or to move the system to a cooler environment.
    Link to this post 10 Apr 13

I created a live cd and got this error, I burned another cd at lower speed and still got the same error, did a live Usb after formating that usb and wiping out free space, i then used Unetbootin to create the live usb and still got this error, i also tried:
    - shuting down the pc to cool down and retried later
    - cleaning drive lens
    - checking md5sum and it was correct
    - downloading the image direct&torrent,from different sources and all checking their md5sum (they all matched)
    - dskchk
    - memtest
    - different rams (tried 4)
    - typing "ubiquity --no-migration-assistant" into terminal
    I also tried keeping the mouse pointer moving during install... Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

The entire error:

[Errno 5] Input/output error

This particular error is often due to a faulty CD/DVD disk or drive, or a faulty hard disk. It may help to clean the CD/DVD, to burn the CD/DVD at a lower speed, to clean the CD/DVD drive lens (cleaning kits are often available from electronics suppliers), to check whether the hard disk is old and in need of replacement, or to move the system to a cooler environment.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board