• Last Logged In: 30 Apr 13

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • rorostar
    RE: What Linux Distro?
    [quote="Matthew3311999"]Hello, my friend has a fairly slow computer that runs windows vista extremely slow. Minecraft (a cpu intensive java game) is very laggy([url=http://www.nile7.com/content/%D9%83%D9%8A%D9%81%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D8%B2%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%AF%D8%A9-%D8%B9%D8%AF%D8%AF-%D8%B2%D9%88%D8%A7%D8%B1-%D9%85%D9%88%D9%82%D8%B9%D9%83-%D9%88-%D8%AA%D8%B3%D9%88%D9%8A%D9%82-%D9%85%D9%86%D8%AA%D8%AC%D8%A7%D8%AA%D9%83-%D8%B9%D8%A8%D8%B1-%D8%B5%D9%81%D8%AD%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%81%D9%8A%D8%B3]افضل وسائل التسويق الفيس[/url] ) so I was looking into a lightweight linux distribution for his computer. It needs to be able to boot off a [b]jumpdrive thats 4gb.[/b] So, I tried MacPup, a [i]very[/i] lightweight distribution, and internet and everything was about 25 times faster. But after going through the struggle of getting java the hard way, minecraft wouldn't show up. When I tried on my computer it would appear, but when i would play it would be very laggy on [i]my[/i] computer (which normally runs it at about 200fps). So there's definitely a problem with the drivers in MacPup because I could only get the default driver, Novou, to work (when I tried to install a nvidia one from their website it would give an error about a package that was not in the repository). The point is, I was wondering if anyone knows a lightweight linux that would fit my needs by have proprietary drivers, i think? Thanks in advanced to anyone who can answer this question. By the way, this is some of my friend's computer's specs: 2Gb DDR2 RAM, 32 Bit processor, something around 2Ghz dual core processor, I [i]think[/i] a NVIDIA Graphics card (that im guessing has more than 256 MB on the graphics card).[/quote] hello in here http://www.linuxmint.com/download.php
    Link to this post 30 Apr 13

Matthew3311999 said:

Hello, my friend has a fairly slow computer that runs windows vista extremely slow. Minecraft (a cpu intensive java game) is very laggy(افضل وسائل التسويق الفيس
    ) so I was looking into a lightweight linux distribution for his computer. It needs to be able to boot off a jumpdrive thats 4gb.

So, I tried MacPup, a very lightweight distribution, and internet and everything was about 25 times faster. But after going through the struggle of getting java the hard way, minecraft wouldn't show up. When I tried on my computer it would appear, but when i would play it would be very laggy on my computer (which normally runs it at about 200fps). So there's definitely a problem with the drivers in MacPup because I could only get the default driver, Novou, to work (when I tried to install a nvidia one from their website it would give an error about a package that was not in the repository).

The point is, I was wondering if anyone knows a lightweight linux that would fit my needs by have proprietary drivers, i think? Thanks in advanced to anyone who can answer this question.

By the way, this is some of my friend's computer's specs:
    2Gb DDR2 RAM, 32 Bit processor, something around 2Ghz dual core processor, I think a NVIDIA Graphics card (that im guessing has more than 256 MB on the graphics card).

hello
    in here
    http://www.linuxmint.com/download.php

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board