• Linux.com Member
  • Last Logged In: 12 Jan

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Hipptambius
    RE: Lightweight/fast/stable distro which supports high-end machines?
    Im using bodhi atm, very fast
    Link to this post 12 Jan

Im using bodhi atm, very fast

• Hipptambius
    RE: Hello all :D
    Ok, thanks :)
    Link to this post 06 Jun 13

Ok, thanks :)

• Hipptambius
    RE: Hello all :D
    Ok, thank you i will look at it when i have more time :) my head is wired for C# at the moment, and i havent done much scripting to be honest, but i would very much like to learn more!
    Link to this post 05 Jun 13

Ok, thank you i will look at it when i have more time :) my head is wired for C# at the moment, and i havent done much scripting to be honest, but i would very much like to learn more!

• Hipptambius
    RE: script for helping new users with ubuntu 13.04
    Ok,i will in the future :)
    Link to this post 05 Jun 13

Ok,i will in the future :)

• Hipptambius
    Hello all :D
    Hello everyone :) i have been on loads of forums but i just cba to check em all daily, so i thought id go to the source :P i have found alot of usefull stuff here but never had a user or contributed before. i have been using linux at home for the last 5 years, and the last 2 years i have worked with IT professionally aswell (servers, networking etc.) linux, sun solaris and windows based systems, so i know a little of everything and sometimes not enough of anything :P il try and contribute if i can :) execute my english, its not my main language :D
    Link to this post 04 Jun 13

Hello everyone :)

i have been on loads of forums but i just cba to check em all daily, so i thought id go to the source :P i have found alot of usefull stuff here but never had a user or contributed before.
    i have been using linux at home for the last 5 years, and the last 2 years i have worked with
    IT professionally aswell (servers, networking etc.) linux, sun solaris and windows based systems, so i know a little of everything and sometimes not enough of anything :P il try and contribute if i can :)
    execute my english, its not my main language :D

• Hipptambius
    fastest modern distro discussion :)
    Hey everybody! i would very much like to get your oppinion on witch modern distro do u use/think is the fastest/best? myself i have mostly used debian based distros, and right now i have my "big" machine running Ubuntu 13.04 a laptop running debian expert, with xfce and an old laptop running antix. have tryed out both gentoo and arch but its just tooo much work to just get the normal apps i use to work ^^ so lately i find myself using alot more of the *buntu based distros, simply cos its so easy! spotify, steam and loads of other stuff is just a few lines in terminal away ^^ i have been hearing alot about sabayon lately, any of u guys have experience witch that? i hear it is stupidly fast! anyway, what do you guys think? :D
    Link to this post 04 Jun 13

Hey everybody!
    i would very much like to get your oppinion on witch modern distro do u use/think is the fastest/best?

myself i have mostly used debian based distros, and right now i have my "big" machine running Ubuntu 13.04
    a laptop running debian expert, with xfce
    and an old laptop running antix.
    have tryed out both gentoo and arch but its just tooo much work to just get the normal apps i use to work ^^
    so lately i find myself using alot more of the *buntu based distros, simply cos its so easy!
    spotify, steam and loads of other stuff is just a few lines in terminal away ^^

i have been hearing alot about sabayon lately, any of u guys have experience witch that? i hear it is stupidly fast!

anyway, what do you guys think? :D

• Hipptambius
    RE: How to play DVDs, Flash, Java, MP3s and all other restricted extras easily with Ubuntu.
    Hey, didnt know it was in the softwarecenter, what i do is this: [code]wget --output-document=/etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.list.d/$(lsb_release -cs).list apt-get update apt-get --yes --allow-unauthenticated install medibuntu-keyring apt-get update apt-get install -y libdvdcss2 vlc ubuntu-restricted-extras[/code] it has not failed so far, would be cool to know if there is any difrence between the gui way and terminal :D
    Link to this post 03 Jun 13

Hey, didnt know it was in the softwarecenter, what i do is this:

wget --output-document=/etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.list.d/$(lsb_release -cs).list
    apt-get update
    apt-get --yes --allow-unauthenticated install medibuntu-keyring
    apt-get update
    apt-get install -y libdvdcss2 vlc ubuntu-restricted-extras

it has not failed so far, would be cool to know if there is any difrence between the gui way and terminal :D

• Hipptambius
    RE: Unable to open pdf docs received
    [quote="mustardseedcba"] Thank you for your help. however, I do not understand the term "open terminal shell". ??? I really am an inexperienced new person.[/quote] hey, in ubuntu the shortcut to opening a terminal i CTRL+ALT+T or u can write in unity dash "terminal" and it will find it :D

mustardseedcba said:

Thank you for your help.

however, I do not understand the term "open terminal shell". ???
    I really am an inexperienced new person.

hey, in ubuntu the shortcut to opening a terminal i CTRL+ALT+T or u can write in unity dash
    "terminal" and it will find it :D

• Hipptambius
    RE: script for helping new users with ubuntu 13.04
    Try again... [code]#!/bin/bash # MADE BY HIPPTAMBIUS - MAY 2013 # TESTED AND WORKS ON UBUNTU 13.04 while true; do echo " ****************************************************************************** ***-UBUNTU 13.04-*********************************************-HIPPTAMBIUS-*** ****************************************************************************** * 1. install spotify, repo, key, and client. * 2. install krusader * 3. install deluge * 4. install handbrake, repo and client * 5. install wine (1.5) repo, and client * 6. install medibuntu, repo, key, libdvdcss2, vlc, ubuntu-restricted-extras * 7. install cutecom and putty * 8. install things for openvpn support, and samba * 9. install gparted, disk editing tool * 10. install clamav, antivirus, gui, and update tool (freshclam) * 11. install macOS ubuntu theme, icons, and unity-tweak tool * 12. Remove the ubuntu amazon.com search and ip sending shit! * 13. exit to linux ****************************************************************************** ***-SELECT THE NUMBER IN FRONT OF THE TASK U WANT PERFORMED-****************** ******************************************************************************" read TAST case $TAST in 1) echo "deb http://repository.spotify.com stable non-free" | tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 94558F59 apt-get update apt-get install -y spotify-client ;; 2) apt-get install -y krusader ;; 3) apt-get install -y deluge ;; 4) add-apt-repository -y ppa:stebbins/handbrake-releases apt-get update apt-get install -y handbrake-gtk ;; 5) add-apt-repository -y ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa apt-get update apt-get install -y wine1.5 ;; 6) wget --output-document=/etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.list.d/$(lsb_release -cs).list apt-get update apt-get --yes --allow-unauthenticated install medibuntu-keyring apt-get update apt-get install -y libdvdcss2 vlc ubuntu-restricted-extras ;; 7) apt-get install -y cutecum apt-get install -y putty ;; 8) apt-get install -y samba apt-get install -y openvpn apt-get install -y curl apt-get install -y network-manager-openvpn ;; 9) apt-get install -y gparted ;; 10) apt-get install -y clamav apt-get install -y clamtk apt-get install -y clamav-freshclam ;; 11) add-apt-repository -y ppa:noobslab/themes apt-get update apt-get install -y mac-icons-noobslab apt-get install -y mac-ithemes-noobslab apt-get install -y unity-tweak-tool ;; 12) apt-get remove -y unity-lens-shopping apt-get purge -y unity-lens-shopping ;; 13) echo "THANK YOU, COME AGAIN!" sleep 1 exit 0 ;; esac done exit 0 [/code]

Try again...

#!/bin/bash
    # MADE BY HIPPTAMBIUS - MAY 2013
    # TESTED AND WORKS ON UBUNTU 13.04

while true; do
    echo "
    ******************************************************************************
    ***-UBUNTU 13.04-*********************************************-HIPPTAMBIUS-***

* 1. install spotify, repo, key, and client.

* 2. install krusader

* 3. install deluge

* 4. install handbrake, repo and client

* 5. install wine (1.5) repo, and client

* 6. install medibuntu, repo, key, libdvdcss2, vlc, ubuntu-restricted-extras

* 7. install cutecom and putty

* 8. install things for openvpn support, and samba

* 9. install gparted, disk editing tool

* 10. install clamav, antivirus, gui, and update tool (freshclam)

* 11. install macOS ubuntu theme, icons, and unity-tweak tool

* 12. Remove the ubuntu amazon.com search and ip sending shit!

* 13. exit to linux

***-SELECT THE NUMBER IN FRONT OF THE TASK U WANT PERFORMED-******************
    ******************************************************************************"
    read TAST
    case $TAST in
    1)
    echo "deb http://repository.spotify.com stable non-free" | tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list
    apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 94558F59
    apt-get update
    apt-get install -y spotify-client
    ;;

2)
    apt-get install -y krusader
    ;;

3)
    apt-get install -y deluge
    ;;

4)
    add-apt-repository -y ppa:stebbins/handbrake-releases
    apt-get update
    apt-get install -y handbrake-gtk
    ;;

5)
    add-apt-repository -y ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
    apt-get update
    apt-get install -y wine1.5
    ;;

6)
    wget --output-document=/etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.list.d/$(lsb_release -cs).list
    apt-get update
    apt-get --yes --allow-unauthenticated install medibuntu-keyring
    apt-get update
    apt-get install -y libdvdcss2 vlc ubuntu-restricted-extras
    ;;

7)
    apt-get install -y cutecum
    apt-get install -y putty
    ;;

8)
    apt-get install -y samba
    apt-get install -y openvpn
    apt-get install -y curl
    apt-get install -y network-manager-openvpn
    ;;

9)
    apt-get install -y gparted
    ;;

10)
    apt-get install -y clamav
    apt-get install -y clamtk
    apt-get install -y clamav-freshclam
    ;;

11)
    add-apt-repository -y ppa:noobslab/themes
    apt-get update
    apt-get install -y mac-icons-noobslab
    apt-get install -y mac-ithemes-noobslab
    apt-get install -y unity-tweak-tool
    ;;

12)
    apt-get remove -y unity-lens-shopping
    apt-get purge -y unity-lens-shopping
    ;;

13)
    echo "THANK YOU, COME AGAIN!"
    sleep 1
    exit 0
    ;;

esac
    done
    exit 0

• Hipptambius
    script for helping new users with ubuntu 13.04
    Herro everybody, i made this script to help a friend who is new to ubuntu and linux in general, it does varius things as u can se in the "menu"...im posting it as text so u can se whats going on, if u want to use it as a script just copy the text into a textfile and run it as su or sudo (remember to give it execute#chmod +x filename") it helped my friend alot just reading the lines,so i thought id share with u guys :) Hmm seams i cant kopy the text in here so il try attaching it as file just open it in gedit er whatever editor u use :)

Herro everybody, i made this script to help a friend who is new to ubuntu and linux in general, it does varius things as u can se in the "menu"...im posting it as text so u can se whats going on, if u want to use it as a script just copy the text into a textfile and run it as su or sudo (remember to give it execute#chmod +x filename") it helped my friend alot just reading the lines,so i thought id share with u guys :)

Hmm seams i cant kopy the text in here so il try attaching it as file just open it in gedit er whatever editor u use :)

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board