• Last Logged In: 21 Jun 13

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • bdby
    RE: Need help with this shell script
    Hi Everyone, I am currently studying for the linux exam. One of the questions is a bit vague. I would like someone to please explain why the answer is as such. It would be much appreciated. I am having a hard time triing to read the statement. Can someone please explain it too me? I don't see where this "Hello" comes from either. What is the output when the following shell script executes? cat<<foobar Hello foobar Foobar A. The contents of the file foobar. B. Hello C. No output but a file named foobar is created. D. Hello foobar E. Hello foobar foobar Answer: D Thanks in advance. bdby
    Link to this post 21 Jun 13

Hi Everyone,

I am currently studying for the linux exam. One of the questions is a bit vague. I would like someone to please explain why the answer is as such. It would be much appreciated.

I am having a hard time triing to read the statement. Can someone please explain it too me? I don't see where this "Hello" comes from either.

What is the output when the following shell script executes?

cat&lt;&lt;foobar
    Hello foobar
    Foobar

A. The contents of the file foobar.
    B. Hello
    C. No output but a file named foobar is created.
    D. Hello foobar
    E. Hello foobar foobar
    Answer: D

Thanks in advance.

bdby

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board