• Last Logged In: 02 Jul 13

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • gus
    how to restrict Internet Data download limit to 15000MB on the network
    The current Internet Plan we're using is 15000MB Data Download Limit per month with access-link 1024kbps/512kbps. The problem is at the end of every month we get access fees for going over the download limit. I want to create a rule that will automatically drop or give an error for any internet users on the local domain downloading if the 15000MB is already being used or reached. I'm using a CentOS version 5 with Squid proxy configured, local network: 192.168.x.x/24 I've add the following lines in blue to my squid.conf. I wonder if it's gona work. Any other helpful tips on how to do this? thanks for your help #vi /etc/squid/squid.conf # Adapt to list your (internal) IP networks from where browsing # should be allowed [color=blue]acl gus.local src 192.168.x.x/24[/color] # Recommended minimum Access Permission configuration: # Not allow more than 15000Mb download [color=blue]reply_body_max_size 15000 Mb gus.local[/color] #where browsing is allowed [color=blue]http_access allow gus.local[/color] :qw # /etc/init.d/squid restart
    Link to this post 02 Jul 13

The current Internet Plan we're using is 15000MB Data Download Limit per month with access-link 1024kbps/512kbps. The problem is at the end of every month we get access fees for going over the download limit. I want to create a rule that will automatically drop or give an error for any internet users on the local domain downloading if the 15000MB is already being used or reached.

I'm using a CentOS version 5 with Squid proxy configured, local network: 192.168.x.x/24

I've add the following lines in blue to my squid.conf. I wonder if it's gona work. Any other helpful tips on how to do this? thanks for your help

#vi /etc/squid/squid.conf
    # Adapt to list your (internal) IP networks from where browsing
    # should be allowed
    acl gus.local src 192.168.x.x/24

# Recommended minimum Access Permission configuration:
    # Not allow more than 15000Mb download
    reply_body_max_size 15000 Mb gus.local

#where browsing is allowed
    http_access allow gus.local

:qw

# /etc/init.d/squid restart

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board