• Linux.com Member
  • Last Logged In: 15 Jul 13

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Nikhil174
    RE: Prevent rsyslog from writing messages from remote hosts to /var/log/messages
    Thanks I will try this one tommorow and let u know, We have some Infrastructure requirement to set Central syslog as a transparent / relay server
    Link to this post 03 Jul 13

Thanks

I will try this one tommorow and let u know,

We have some Infrastructure requirement to set Central syslog as a transparent / relay server

• Nikhil174
    RE: Prevent rsyslog from writing messages from remote hosts to /var/log/messages
    I Am Trying to Configure a Central Syslog server which will collect all the logs from client and forward it to SIEM Machine. Central log server will act as a Relay server transparent to SIEM And In the SIEM it would display client name instead of Central rsyslog server name

I Am Trying to Configure a Central Syslog server which will collect all the logs from client and forward it to SIEM Machine.

Central log server will act as a Relay server transparent to SIEM

And In the SIEM it would display client name instead of Central rsyslog server name

• Nikhil174
    Thanks For Reply I will try this one and let you know. One more thing i want to Know is Whether it is possible to display original hostname as source from where the log is genrated in SIEM instead of displaying the central log server name. Means Client Hostname instead of displaying Central log server name.

Thanks For Reply I will try this one and let you know.
    One more thing i want to Know is Whether it is possible to display original hostname as source from where the log is genrated in SIEM instead of displaying the central log server name.

Means Client Hostname instead of displaying Central log server name.

• Nikhil174
    Hi winnux, I had worked with the following script its storing with a seprate folder but not able to discard. And I need ur help in one more thing Actually i am usng a siem tool and i want to forward the rsyslog server logs to SIEM Tool. And IN SIEM It should show the hostname of the original source from where the log is genrated. Cleint------>Central Rsyslog Server -----> SIEM

Hi winnux,

I had worked with the following script its storing with a seprate folder but not able to discard.

And I need ur help in one more thing

Actually i am usng a siem tool and i want to forward the rsyslog server logs to SIEM Tool.
    And IN SIEM It should show the hostname of the original source from where the log is genrated.

Cleint------>Central Rsyslog Server -----> SIEM

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board