• Last Logged In: 02 Feb 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • SoundChaser
    RE: Show Us Your Linux Desktop
    My XFCE desktop on my laptop. Not at home to get the home desktop right now... George Ooops - image is too big. Will add it later
    Link to this post 24 May 09

My XFCE desktop on my laptop. Not at home to get the home desktop right now...

George

Ooops - image is too big. Will add it later

• SoundChaser
    RE: Screenshots please
    I've added my laptop desktop to your gallery: [url]http://kporter.homelinux.com/~kaleb/cpg14x/displayimage.php?album=2&pos=9[/url] George

I've added my laptop desktop to your gallery: http://kporter.homelinux.com/~kaleb/cpg14x/displayimage.php?album=2&pos=9

George

• SoundChaser
    RE: Desktop Environments
    I'm a pretty big fan of XFCE when it comes to a full desktop environment. It does everything most users want, is very low on resource usage, and is fairly easily customized (working with compiz and devilspie can lead to a desktop that is beautifully custom). Outside of XFCE I really love the pekwm window manager. It allows window grouping, and is very flexible and customizable. I've also been playing around with the awesome window manager -- a tiling manger similar to monad or ion. IMO - tiling window managers are nice, I've just never really had the time to sit down and tweak them to the level that I'd like to. Without doing that, I haven't reached the productivity level that I have with XFCE and/or pekwm. George

I'm a pretty big fan of XFCE when it comes to a full desktop environment. It does everything most users want, is very low on resource usage, and is fairly easily customized (working with compiz and devilspie can lead to a desktop that is beautifully custom).

Outside of XFCE I really love the pekwm window manager. It allows window grouping, and is very flexible and customizable. I've also been playing around with the awesome window manager -- a tiling manger similar to monad or ion.

IMO - tiling window managers are nice, I've just never really had the time to sit down and tweak them to the level that I'd like to. Without doing that, I haven't reached the productivity level that I have with XFCE and/or pekwm.

George

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board