• Last Logged In: 24 Oct 13

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • ferasdour
    RE: hang install linux
    I tried to follow your google+ link but it appear to be blank already. Could you clarify both the error you got, and how it freezes. In many cases output of what was going on at the time may help. Good places to start would be SAR, message and dmesg logs, etc... Furthermore, haven't heard anyone else having issues with the Toshiba Satellite C640D and installing linux. I think I have a broken one at my house I could rig up and test, but the only time I've seen bt5 freeze was because of memory issues or good stuff like wasting processing on stuff like flash, games, etc... all at once (high load can == freezes). But we'd need more information to properly tell if that's the case.
    Link to this post 08 Oct 13

I tried to follow your google+ link but it appear to be blank already.

Could you clarify both the error you got, and how it freezes. In many cases output of what was going on at the time may help. Good places to start would be SAR, message and dmesg logs, etc...

Furthermore, haven't heard anyone else having issues with the Toshiba Satellite C640D and installing linux. I think I have a broken one at my house I could rig up and test, but the only time I've seen bt5 freeze was because of memory issues or good stuff like wasting processing on stuff like flash, games, etc... all at once (high load can == freezes). But we'd need more information to properly tell if that's the case.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board