• Last Logged In: 19 Oct 13

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • winterhawk1104
    RE: converting to linux
    are there any difference between the two besides one being on my computer and one being on the embedded system? Are there any benifits to having one over the other? Can I install the distro from this site? I have a Terabyte external harddrive will that work for the embedded system (I am very new at this). I am also looking to start a small server farm for personal use (extra processing power, put my website domain on it, storage ect.) can linux be run on the servers?
    Link to this post 19 Oct 13

are there any difference between the two besides one being on my computer and one being on the embedded system? Are there any benifits to having one over the other? Can I install the distro from this site? I have a Terabyte external harddrive will that work for the embedded system (I am very new at this). I am also looking to start a small server farm for personal use (extra processing power, put my website domain on it, storage ect.) can linux be run on the servers?

• winterhawk1104
    converting to linux
    HI, I am starting to get into programming, webdesign, robotics, ect. and I heard that linux is the best os for that but my computer is currently running windows 7 what will it take/cost to switch to linux? how will it affect my programs? how much knowledge do I need about the system before I try to use it? basicly I am looking for someone to walk me through this as I get started. please help.
    Link to this post 12 Oct 13

HI, I am starting to get into programming, webdesign, robotics, ect. and I heard that linux is the best os for that but my computer is currently running windows 7 what will it take/cost to switch to linux? how will it affect my programs? how much knowledge do I need about the system before I try to use it? basicly I am looking for someone to walk me through this as I get started. please help.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board