• Last Logged In: 06 Nov 13

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Alexander Stephen
    RE: Linux or Windows?
    It seems that I will decline the idea of switching to linux and I will wait for SteamOS. I hope that will come soon.
    Link to this post 04 Nov 13

It seems that I will decline the idea of switching to linux and I will wait for SteamOS. I hope that will come soon.

• Alexander Stephen
    RE: Linux or Windows?
    I want to hear more. Yes, I can abbandon Microsoft Office and use programs for Linux and the Steam thing, AWESOME! Also today I found http://www.playonlinux.com/en/ so my games might run but I don't know how many resources this program will require to run it. The point with the drivers, damn, I can search for them before switching to Linux, put them on USB and run them after I install Linux but I need some help. Now, I am still at thinking phase and if I take the decision to switch to Linux I will ask for neccesary steps and some guidance on the forum before I do it.
    Link to this post 03 Nov 13

I want to hear more.

Yes, I can abbandon Microsoft Office and use programs for Linux and the Steam thing, AWESOME!
    Also today I found http://www.playonlinux.com/en/ so my games might run but I don't know how many resources this program will require to run it.

The point with the drivers, damn, I can search for them before switching to Linux, put them on USB and run them after I install Linux but I need some help.

Now, I am still at thinking phase and if I take the decision to switch to Linux I will ask for neccesary steps and some guidance on the forum before I do it.

• Alexander Stephen
    Linux or Windows 7?
    I made a post on OFF TOPIC section, I didn't saw the gaming section so, please, visit my original post and help me to decide. [url=http://www.linux.com/community/forums/small-talk/linux-or-windows-1/16849#p16849]Your text to link here...[/url] Fixed link.

I made a post on OFF TOPIC section, I didn't saw the gaming section so, please, visit my original post and help me to decide.

Your text to link here...

Fixed link.

• Alexander Stephen
    Linux or Windows?
    Hello there Linux community! I write this post to know what would be better for me, linux or windows? I heard that Linux has some limitations and I will tell you at what I am using my laptop mostly so you can tell exactly if I can switch to Linux or keep the Windows. Listening to music, movies here and there, some Microsoft Office projects for school and alot of gaming, more exactly hardcore Fallout and pro DotA 2 gaming. Other games I play : Company of Heroes, Company of Heroes 2, Dishonored, Mafia 2, Cities XL,Don't Starve, Magicka ( my favorite! ), Hearts of Iron, Red Orchestra 2 and in the near future, who knows? I heard that not all games work on Linux so yea, I don't know if my games will suffer because of Linux. I am using mostly Steam to launch my games so since I see that Steam is interested in Linux, hey, why not? Drivers! I heard that not all drivers are working on Linux so ye, I am telling you what kind of laptop I am using so I can receive good informations from all of you. This is my laptop [url=http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Acer-Aspire-E1-571G-Notebook.88806.0.html]Your text to link here...[/url] I am waiting for your honest opinion and answer to my question : In my case, shall I use Linux or Windoes 7? If you want to know more info, ask me.

Hello there Linux community! I write this post to know what would be better for me, linux or windows? I heard that Linux has some limitations and I will tell you at what I am using my laptop mostly so you can tell exactly if I can switch to Linux or keep the Windows.

Listening to music, movies here and there, some Microsoft Office projects for school and alot of gaming, more exactly hardcore Fallout and pro DotA 2 gaming. Other games I play : Company of Heroes, Company of Heroes 2, Dishonored, Mafia 2, Cities XL,Don't Starve, Magicka ( my favorite! ), Hearts of Iron, Red Orchestra 2 and in the near future, who knows?
    I heard that not all games work on Linux so yea, I don't know if my games will suffer because of Linux.
    I am using mostly Steam to launch my games so since I see that Steam is interested in Linux, hey, why not?

Drivers! I heard that not all drivers are working on Linux so ye, I am telling you what kind of laptop I am using so I can receive good informations from all of you.
    This is my laptop Your text to link here...

I am waiting for your honest opinion and answer to my question : In my case, shall I use Linux or Windoes 7?

If you want to know more info, ask me.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board