• Last Logged In: 06 Jan

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • star385
    RE: error occurred when making linux kernel 3.12
    thanks for your kindness, it's very helpful.
    Link to this post 19 Nov 13

thanks for your kindness, it's very helpful.

• star385
    oh, i didn't recognize that.thanks to remind me. but i really don't care. i just want to research kernel, and want to know how kernel runs. i have used a couple of linux distributions, but i still have little knowledge of kernel. so i want to compile a kernel, and run it on my virtual box, to get more knowledge about kernel.
    Link to this post 14 Nov 13

oh, i didn't recognize that.thanks to remind me.
    but i really don't care.
    i just want to research kernel, and want to know how kernel runs.
    i have used a couple of linux distributions, but i still have little knowledge of kernel.
    so i want to compile a kernel, and run it on my virtual box, to get more knowledge about kernel.

• star385
    thanks very much, but my purpose is to create a boot disk that only contains linux kernel without any software. can you give me some advise? thanks again
    Link to this post 14 Nov 13

thanks very much, but my purpose is to create a boot disk that only contains linux kernel without any software.
    can you give me some advise? thanks again

• star385
    error occurred when making linux kernel 3.12
    I want to make the latest kernel release. and when i run the "make config" command, an error occurred, following is the gcc log: In file included from /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/bits/posix1_lim.h:157:0, from /usr/include/limits.h:145, from /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.7/include-fixed/limits.h:169, from /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.7/include-fixed/syslimits.h:7, from /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.7/include-fixed/limits.h:34, from scripts/basic/fixdep.c:114: /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/bits/local_lim.h:39:26: 致命错误: linux/limits.h:没有那个文件或目录 编译中断。 make[1]: *** [scripts/basic/fixdep] 错误 1 make: *** [scripts_basic] 错误 2 the log contains Chinese characters, because my local language is zh_cn, the infomation is can't find linux/limits.h, i just want to know what causes this error. anyone can give me some help, i would appreciate that my distribution is: Ubuntu 12.10 my kernel info: Linux zgy-vm 3.5.0-17-generic #28-Ubuntu SMP Tue Oct 9 19:31:23 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux my gcc info: gcc (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.7.2-2ubuntu1) 4.7.2
    Link to this post 13 Nov 13

I want to make the latest kernel release.
    and when i run the "make config" command,
    an error occurred, following is the gcc log:
    In file included from /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/bits/posix1_lim.h:157:0,
    from /usr/include/limits.h:145,
    from /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.7/include-fixed/limits.h:169,
    from /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.7/include-fixed/syslimits.h:7,
    from /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.7/include-fixed/limits.h:34,
    from scripts/basic/fixdep.c:114:
    /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/bits/local_lim.h:39:26: 致命错误: linux/limits.h:没有那个文件或目录
    编译中断。
    make[1]: *** [scripts/basic/fixdep] 错误 1
    make: *** [scripts_basic] 错误 2

the log contains Chinese characters, because my local language is zh_cn, the infomation is can't find linux/limits.h, i just want to know what causes this error.
    anyone can give me some help, i would appreciate that

my distribution is:
    Ubuntu 12.10

my kernel info:
    Linux zgy-vm 3.5.0-17-generic #28-Ubuntu SMP Tue Oct 9 19:31:23 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

my gcc info:
    gcc (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.7.2-2ubuntu1) 4.7.2

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board