• Last Logged In: 02 Feb

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • kneedeep
    RE: Accessing my network from a remote location - hardware help
    Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a go. I've also discovered that I must have a static Ip address - according to my ISP's help desk.
    Link to this post 23 Dec 13

Thanks for the tip.
    I'll give it a go.
    I've also discovered that I must have a static Ip address - according to my ISP's help desk.

• kneedeep
    Accessing my network from a remote location - hardware help
    I want to be able to access, among other things on my network, my Synology NAS for audio streaming from remote locations. I have an ADSL modem connected to SMC ABR7004 Barricade 4 port router which connects to the NAS thru a Gigabit switch via ethernet. The problem I run into in setting up port forwarding is that the Barricade has a 192.168.x.x address while the modem's LAN address is 10.0.0.1. I can't seem to change the Barricade's address range to the 10.x.x.x range and am not sure how to proceed or if this is even what I need to do. The computers connected through the Barricade all get 192.168.x.x addresses. Is it as simple as disabling DHCP server on the Barricade? Here is a screenshot of the LAN setup page http://tinypic.com/r/fz69aq/5
    Link to this post 15 Dec 13

I want to be able to access, among other things on my network, my Synology NAS for audio streaming from remote locations.
    I have an ADSL modem connected to SMC ABR7004 Barricade 4 port router which connects to the NAS thru a Gigabit switch via ethernet.

The problem I run into in setting up port forwarding is that the Barricade has a 192.168.x.x address while the modem's LAN address is 10.0.0.1.

I can't seem to change the Barricade's address range to the 10.x.x.x range and am not sure how to proceed or if this is even what I need to do.

The computers connected through the Barricade all get 192.168.x.x addresses.
    Is it as simple as disabling DHCP server on the Barricade?

Here is a screenshot of the LAN setup page
    http://tinypic.com/r/fz69aq/5

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board