• Last Logged In: 21 Dec 13

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • maxhitchens
    Can Automation Master run with Linux?
    Automation Master is simulation software with high speed and strict realtime requirements. I envision running only in multi-core processors where one core can be dedicated to the real time code. I would like to know if it can be made to run with a generic linux distribution. Can the following be done? 1. Set up a process at system level which will: a. Detect Automation Master loaded at the user level. b. Set up and dedicate a core for the real time component. c. Swap the clock interrupt vector for a custom pre-handler. 2. Have a minimal clock interrupt pre-handler which: a. Which causes an interrupt in the dedicated core. b. Passes interrupt processing on to normal kernel handling. Please be kind with your responses. I have not coded anything since the '90s. - Max
    Link to this post 21 Dec 13

Automation Master is simulation software with high speed and strict realtime requirements. I envision running only in multi-core processors where one core can be dedicated to the real time code. I would like to know if it can be made to run with a generic linux distribution.

Can the following be done?
    1. Set up a process at system level which will:
    a. Detect Automation Master loaded at the user level.
    b. Set up and dedicate a core for the real time component.
    c. Swap the clock interrupt vector for a custom pre-handler.
    2. Have a minimal clock interrupt pre-handler which:
    a. Which causes an interrupt in the dedicated core.
    b. Passes interrupt processing on to normal kernel handling.

Please be kind with your responses. I have not coded anything since the '90s. - Max

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board