• Last Logged In: 01 Jun 09

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • thegreatbitbucket
    RE: Desktop Environments
    My main preference is GNOME. I had used KDE in the past, but I just had this fondness for GNOME. I mostly like GTK applications anyway, so it fits me very well. I have played with a few window managers. I have also played with Xfce (but not LXDE, yet B)). I really like GNOME apps and most other apps I use like Firefox, fit with GNOME better. I am worried about GNOME 3.0 and the GNOME Shell, though. I haven't looked into it much yet. The sad thing for me is that many developers prefer to lose many options they had and stick to sane defaults, which is nice. But, some of those options that I need to use my computer efficiently become difficult to get to. I may end up switching to either Xfce or KDE in a couple of years, who knows? I can be quite the thrill-seeker. B)
    Link to this post 29 May 09

My main preference is GNOME. I had used KDE in the past, but I just had this fondness for GNOME. I mostly like GTK applications anyway, so it fits me very well.

I have played with a few window managers. I have also played with Xfce (but not LXDE, yet B)). I really like GNOME apps and most other apps I use like Firefox, fit with GNOME better.

I am worried about GNOME 3.0 and the GNOME Shell, though. I haven't looked into it much yet. The sad thing for me is that many developers prefer to lose many options they had and stick to sane defaults, which is nice. But, some of those options that I need to use my computer efficiently become difficult to get to.

I may end up switching to either Xfce or KDE in a couple of years, who knows? I can be quite the thrill-seeker. B)

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board