• Last Logged In: 21 Aug

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • magicgraywolf
    CD/DVD vs USB drive>
    I am trying to download and burn several Distro's I have CD's DVDs, and one 64 GB and two 32 GB USB drives that I can use. Which method would be the best to use? How do I do the USB drive method?
    Link to this post 22 Jun

I am trying to download and burn several Distro's I have CD's DVDs, and one 64 GB and two 32 GB USB drives that I can use.

Which method would be the best to use? How do I do the USB drive method?

• magicgraywolf
    Help with Linux Zorin OS 8.1 Core, 64 bit.
    I am trying to get Zorin to boot from the DVD. I have downloaded the 64 bit version. From two different sites. One I thought I burned to a DVD. As well as the other download. Neither of them would boot. So I downloaded one more time from Linux. I made two more copies and again neither DVD will boot. Once I get to the F12 boot window. I go to the DVD line and hit enter. The screen goes black, and then loads windows 7. I am trying to open as many of the Distro's that I can, on Live CD. To check them out. I intend to install one at least on a separated stand alone hard drive. And not using the C drive. As this computer allows one to plug in two additional hard drives. I have gotten Mint to boot after trying a few times, as it did the same thing when I first tried to boot it. Can anybody direct me in obtaining a good download. Downloading it and burning it to a CD. And having it boot properly. Thanks you.
    Link to this post 22 Jun

I am trying to get Zorin to boot from the DVD. I have downloaded the 64 bit version. From two different sites. One I thought I burned to a DVD. As well as the other download. Neither of them would boot. So I downloaded one more time from Linux. I made two more copies and again neither DVD will boot. Once I get to the F12 boot window. I go to the DVD line and hit enter. The screen goes black, and then loads windows 7.

I am trying to open as many of the Distro's that I can, on Live CD. To check them out. I intend to install one at least on a separated stand alone hard drive. And not using the C drive. As this computer allows one to plug in two additional hard drives. I have gotten Mint to boot after trying a few times, as it did the same thing when I first tried to boot it.

Can anybody direct me in obtaining a good download. Downloading it and burning it to a CD. And having it boot properly. Thanks you.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board