• Last Logged In: 31 May 09

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • iamthesargent
    RE: Need some good distro ideas
    I'm going to go ahead and try the latest Puppy Linux. So far everything is going horrible... The Bios isn't going well. The system is too old apperently. It will not boot from CD. Only the Hard drive or the Floppy disk.:angry: Are there any MS DOS commands that can load puppy's boot file???!?!?!?!?!?!:huh: :huh: :dry: :ohmy: :unsure: :angry: :S
    Link to this post 31 May 09

I'm going to go ahead and try the latest Puppy Linux.

So far everything is going horrible... The Bios isn't going well.

The system is too old apperently. It will not boot from CD. Only the Hard drive or the Floppy disk.:angry:

Are there any MS DOS commands that can load puppy's boot file???!?!?!?!?!?!:huh: :huh: :dry: :ohmy: :unsure: :angry: :S

• iamthesargent
    Quick Question............
    Are there any linuxes that can be booted from a Floppy drive (Lol old.....). Like a modern floppy, a 1.44 MB. Please name them and have a website to where I can download them.

Are there any linuxes that can be booted from a Floppy drive (Lol old.....).

Like a modern floppy, a 1.44 MB.

Please name them and have a website to where I can download them.

• iamthesargent
    RE: Need some good distro ideas
    I was thinking about something more heavier... Like Absolute Linux or OpenSUSE. Will these be like a Hit and Miss? I am about to burn Absolute Linux in a little while and see if I can't load it onto the harddrive

I was thinking about something more heavier... Like Absolute Linux or OpenSUSE.

Will these be like a Hit and Miss? I am about to burn Absolute Linux in a little while and see if I can't load it onto the harddrive

• iamthesargent
    Need some good distro ideas
    I have an old Dell Optiplex GS, and I want to work on it a little. I want to put either a Linux Operating system or a windows Operating system. It used to have Windows 98 SE before I did a hard drive swap. It is in a Desktop Style, NOT a laptop The system is old, so i am not sure what the specifications are. A wild guess would be... *Pentium Processer (original) $ *64 MB - 132 MB Memory *40 Gigs Hard Drive $ *Floppy Drive $ *CD Drive $ $ For sure I will be using the computer for a mix of Desktop to Networking. I will need a Wireless Network Support, With an Eithernet Support too. Thanks in Advance. BTW... Heres a Picture that looks exactly like the system http://www.recycledgoods.com/images/s_p_31873_1.jpg
    Link to this post 30 May 09

I have an old Dell Optiplex GS, and I want to work on it a little. I want to put either a Linux Operating system or a windows Operating system.

It used to have Windows 98 SE before I did a hard drive swap.
    It is in a Desktop Style, NOT a laptop
    The system is old, so i am not sure what the specifications are.
    A wild guess would be...
    *Pentium Processer (original) $
    *64 MB - 132 MB Memory
    *40 Gigs Hard Drive $
    *Floppy Drive $
    *CD Drive $
    $ For sure

I will be using the computer for a mix of Desktop to Networking. I will need a Wireless Network Support, With an Eithernet Support too.

Thanks in Advance.

BTW... Heres a Picture that looks exactly like the system

http://www.recycledgoods.com/images/s_p_31873_1.jpg

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board