• Last Logged In: 27 May

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • jeuniii
    NIS created users without a home directory
    Hi all, So I have created two Centos machines. One is configured as a NIS master and the second is a NIS cleint. The NIS configs are all working perfectly. I created a user nisuser on NIS Master and I can use it on the client. BUT it doesnt show a home directory . Ive been told there is something else like automount of autfs that I need to configure that will automount the home directory onto any client. I havent done any such configs. Can you guys guide me as to what exactly I need to study or redirect me to a good tutorial ? Regards
    Link to this post 27 May

Hi all,

So I have created two Centos machines. One is configured as a NIS master and the second is a NIS cleint. The NIS configs are all working perfectly.

I created a user nisuser on NIS Master and I can use it on the client. BUT it doesnt show a home directory . Ive been told there is something else like automount of autfs that I need to configure that will automount the home directory onto any client. I havent done any such configs.

Can you guys guide me as to what exactly I need to study or redirect me to a good tutorial ?

Regards

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board