• Linux.com Member
  • Last Logged In: 11 Jul

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • JayminD
    How can check/test serial port working in my target board and How can configure node in kernel for s
    I want to know that how and where can I find serial driver file (i.e. for /ttyS*) in my kernel image in Linux.... ??? and How can I check/test the serial driver on my ARM dev. board ?? (mean how can I test that driver and serial port is working properly ?? ) can you just suggest me or tell me that how can I check my serial port on my ARM target board that is working correctly and how can I configure serial post ??? I mean that , as we configure fb0 for LVDS LCD and configure it and send any image on it that's same how can I check my serial port and check it that whether its working correctly or not ?? How can I activate it's node in my board ?? Please reply me ASAP I need help urgent, b'coz it's very imp for me so.. Thanks a lot. Best Regards Jaymin D
    Link to this post 11 Jul

I want to know that how and where can I find serial driver file (i.e. for /ttyS*) in my kernel image in Linux.... ???

and

How can I check/test the serial driver on my ARM dev. board ?? (mean how can I test that driver and serial port is working properly ?? )

can you just suggest me or tell me that how can I check my serial port on my ARM target board that is working correctly and how can I configure serial post ???

I mean that , as we configure fb0 for LVDS LCD and configure it and send any image on it that's same how can I check my serial port and check it that whether its working correctly or not ??

How can I activate it's node in my board ??

Please reply me ASAP I need help urgent, b'coz it's very imp for me so..

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards

Jaymin D

• JayminD
    How to create and implement JFFS2 filesystem for Wand Board Quard?
    I want to crate and implement JFFS2 FS on my WB Quard for i.MX6 Q. I currently use HOST as UBUNTU 12.04 and 14.04 LTS. I have start up boot loader SPL and no file system. So, please help me to problem this issue, Any changes needed in boot loader ?? How I create file system JFFS2 ?? using which tool and how ?? And How can I implement it on my Wand Board Quad ?? Need help ASAP. Reply ASAP. best regards
    Link to this post 17 Jun

I want to crate and implement JFFS2 FS on my WB Quard for i.MX6 Q.

I currently use HOST as UBUNTU 12.04 and 14.04 LTS.

I have start up boot loader SPL and no file system.

So, please help me to problem this issue,

Any changes needed in boot loader ?? How I create file system JFFS2 ?? using which tool and how ?? And How can I implement it on my Wand Board Quad ??

Need help ASAP.

Reply ASAP.

best regards

• JayminD
    WB Q not start and boot up...
    Hello, I brought new board from Future Electronics, WB Quad with i.MX6 Q But it not start or not boot up when i connect. Also i think there is no boot loader.. I use below configuration. 5 volt 2 Amp power supply, UBUNTU image SD card in on board socket form WB website, Host PC has UBUNTU 12.04, USB to DB-9 converter. so whats the issue you think, I really screwed for this issue. I stuck there. please help for me on this problem . Thank you Jaymin D.
    Link to this post 13 Jun

Hello,

I brought new board from Future Electronics,

WB Quad with i.MX6 Q

But it not start or not boot up when i connect.

Also i think there is no boot loader..

I use below configuration.

5 volt 2 Amp power supply,
    UBUNTU image SD card in on board socket form WB website,
    Host PC has UBUNTU 12.04,
    USB to DB-9 converter.

so whats the issue you think,

I really screwed for this issue.
    I stuck there.

please help for me on this problem .

Thank you

Jaymin D.

• JayminD
    which is THE Best file system for i.MX6Q for WANDBOARD ???
    Hello everyone, I want best file system for my next project for i.MX6Q on wand board.. First of all I explain very basic overview for you all about my projects and its detail so its better for you... I have one ready source code of one of my application and old Kernel (2.6.16)..these all use in.. ARM NXP LH7A404 with simple LCD (without touch) with U-BOOT and with JFFS2 file system. Now the main work start here.. I want to migrate my old source code as it is with new Kernel (3.0.35) with... Wand board Quad with i.X6Q with U-boot (also want to change) with 3.5 inch 4 wires embedded touch screen display. with unknown file system (???????) tool chain - unknown (?????????) so now question is that,, Which file system I use or which file system is best for my application according above parameters and configuration ??? and which tool chain I use or which tool chain is best for my application according above parameters and configuration ??? also suggest me any changes do in boot loader ? if needed ? so, here any one suggest me file system, tool chain as per above configuration of i.MX6Q in WAND BOARD QUAD. Please reply me in details and provide links any if possible. THANKS A LOT. Thank you. JAYMIN D.
    Link to this post 12 Jun

Hello everyone,

I want best file system for my next project for i.MX6Q on wand board..

First of all I explain very basic overview for you all about my projects and its detail so its better for you...

I have one ready source code of one of my application and old Kernel (2.6.16)..these all use in..

ARM NXP LH7A404 with simple LCD (without touch)

with U-BOOT and

with JFFS2 file system.

Now the main work start here..

I want to migrate my old source code as it is with new Kernel (3.0.35) with...

Wand board Quad with i.X6Q

with U-boot (also want to change)

with 3.5 inch 4 wires embedded touch screen display.

with unknown file system (???????)

tool chain - unknown (?????????)

so now question is that,,

Which file system I use or which file system is best for my application according above parameters and configuration ???

and

which tool chain I use or which tool chain is best for my application according above parameters and configuration ???

also suggest me any changes do in boot loader ? if needed ?

so, here any one suggest me file system, tool chain as per above configuration of i.MX6Q in WAND BOARD QUAD.

Please reply me in details and provide links any if possible.

THANKS A LOT.

Thank you.

JAYMIN D.

• JayminD
    How to interface 4 wires touch panle with Wandboard Q ??
    Hello, I have LCD model no. : MODEL No. COM35H3M10XTC so please any one help me to how to interface it with WAND BOARD???? Any driver required ?? Any special LCD controller or any special IC requried or not ?? also tell me any link where i found driver for kernel 3.0.35 or any other details. ASAP basis. replay me with brief details. Its urgent for my project. THANK YOU JayminD.
    Link to this post 12 Jun

Hello,

I have LCD model no. : MODEL No. COM35H3M10XTC

so please any one help me to how to interface it with WAND BOARD????
    Any driver required ??
    Any special LCD controller or any special IC requried or not ??

also tell me any link where i found driver for kernel 3.0.35 or any other details.
    ASAP basis.

replay me with brief details.
    Its urgent for my project.

THANK YOU

JayminD.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board