• Linux.com Member
  • Last Logged In: 10 Nov

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • linux fanatic
    RE: Which version of Linux is closest to Windows XP?
    I was also a long-time windows user before switching over to linux - which I use on all my personal laptops. If you're looking for something similar to the windows interface, I'd try out Zorin OS. This OS looks just like windows and it's incredibly easy to use (without all the headaches that come with windows). I'm pretty sure the purpose of this entire OS is to make the windows-to-linux switch seem effortless and intuitive. Definitely my first pick for you. Now, my favorite OS is Xubuntu. It kind of reminds me of a hybrid between the windows OS and OSX lion on mac. Really cool design that I think you'll probably like that I think blends the best elements of windows and mac OS components. Hope this helps!
    Link to this post 02 Jul

I was also a long-time windows user before switching over to linux - which I use on all my personal laptops. If you're looking for something similar to the windows interface, I'd try out Zorin OS. This OS looks just like windows and it's incredibly easy to use (without all the headaches that come with windows). I'm pretty sure the purpose of this entire OS is to make the windows-to-linux switch seem effortless and intuitive. Definitely my first pick for you.

Now, my favorite OS is Xubuntu. It kind of reminds me of a hybrid between the windows OS and OSX lion on mac. Really cool design that I think you'll probably like that I think blends the best elements of windows and mac OS components.

Hope this helps!

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board