• Linux.com Member
  • Last Logged In: 7 days ago

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • rmhartman
    filesystem driver -- how to prevent remount?
    Writing a file system driver. Would like to prevent multiple mounts over the same mountpoint. Prior to 2.5 the dentry structure had a d_covers field that pointed at the mountpoint. You could check that against the requested mountpoint to see if it was already in use. I would rather not test the path of the device being mounted, because it could possibly be mounted elsewhere, I want to test the mountpoint so it is not overloaded with multiple mounts. How do you do this without the now missing d_covers field?
    Link to this post 31 Jul

Writing a file system driver. Would like to prevent multiple mounts over the same mountpoint. Prior to 2.5 the dentry structure had a d_covers field that pointed at the mountpoint. You could check that against the requested mountpoint to see if it was already in use.

I would rather not test the path of the device being mounted, because it could possibly be mounted elsewhere, I want to test the mountpoint so it is not overloaded with multiple mounts.

How do you do this without the now missing d_covers field?

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board